Are we addicted to the time?

Just looking round my home, I pretty much have a clock in most rooms. The TV tells the time, so does my computer, it's on my mobile phone, the oven, microwave - on the landline telephone.... and on it goes! It's also displayed in my car in 2 different places!

In my office, I can see the time on 5 different devices whilst sat at my desk - and I don't wear a watch - hardly a suprise!! :hihi:

Are we just completed addicted, ruled and driven by a set of digits and dependent on where 2 hands are pointing? Has it gone too far in this day and age that we have so little time to fit so much in that we have to count the seconds?

Sometimes I think I'd love to be shipwrecked on a desert island with no concept of time, and only able to rely on the sun. (A desert island with a water supply and available food source of course! :hihi:)

? You need to lookup what addiction is.

Obviously people have clocks and watches, most things people do is determined by time, as is your entire life.

You'd still be using the sun as an indicator of time passing so you wouldn't be getting away from it.

Just looking round my home, I pretty much have a clock in most rooms. The TV tells the time, so does my computer, it's on my mobile phone, the oven, microwave - on the landline telephone.... and on it goes! It's also displayed in my car in 2 different places!

In my office, I can see the time on 5 different devices whilst sat at my desk - and I don't wear a watch - hardly a suprise!! :hihi:

Are we just completed addicted, ruled and driven by a set of digits and dependent on where 2 hands are pointing? Has it gone too far in this day and age that we have so little time to fit so much in that we have to count the seconds?

Sometimes I think I'd love to be shipwrecked on a desert island with no concept of time, and only able to rely on the sun. (A desert island with a water supply and available food source of course! :hihi:)

You'd still be a slave to your body clock even then...

The sun and body clock and very different things to watching and balancing your life against minutes and hours!

I guess the question I'm raising is - how often do you check the time, and how you'd manage getting through the day without a clock to see the time on at any point?

The sun and body clock and very different things to watching and balancing your life against minutes and hours!

I guess the question I'm raising is - how often do you check the time, and how you'd manage getting through the day without a clock to see the time on at any point?

Seeing as I have to be in work by certain times, I have to leave at certain times, I have meetings at certain times etc etc how do you think I should do that without using a clock or seeing the time in some form or another? Guesswork?

I have to catch a train at a certain time, how exactly am I supposed to do that without using a clock?

Seeing as I have to be in work by certain times, I have to leave at certain times, I have meetings at certain times etc etc how do you think I should do that without using a clock or seeing the time in some form or another? Guesswork?

I have to catch a train at a certain time, how exactly am I supposed to do that without using a clock?

:hihi:

Not sure if you are delibrately provoking or just need to expand your mind a bit... I'm not telling you you can't use a clock, don't worry I won't make you miss a train or lose your job!

Just doing a bit of hypothetical thinking about how much we rely on knowing the exact time every day. :hihi: