Petition to strip Tony Blair of his Save the Children award.

Then apologies for saying that you did :)

Palmerston's comments are just as valid now as they were back in the 19th century. For something like NATO I think that would be a treaty in good faith and one that I would be happy to support. For some of the other less salubrious ones, although I think if you make the bargain you should stick to it, you can as you say get treaties of convenience, and that's where the danger lies...

Agreed, I tend to be a cynic when it comes to politics, for very good reason in most cases.

People who seek political power unfortunately do so for selfish reasons in most part.

It always amazes me that ordinary people, who mainly hold good intentions, are so easily conned by the 'powers that be'.

Young innocent people are convinced that they have a duty to sacrifice their lives for Patriotism, Ideology or religion, despite the fact that the only thing they have which is entirely theirs ,is their lives.

That is of course, how we got where we are, and change is unlikely.