Petition to strip Tony Blair of his Save the Children award.

Arguably Russia has one.

Really? I guess you have a pretty flexible definition of a very nasty dictator.

Have you ever been to Russia? Know any Russians that you chat to regularly?

There was a very good reason for not going into Iraq or Libya or Syria. These countries need a ruthless dictator to keep the lid on the terrorists, religious fanatics and other out of contol nutters. Blair's biggest crime was destroying the very thing that kept the lid on these hot spots.

Your argument is spurious in the extreme! Saddam was a ruthless dictator who was kept in power for years with the support of the USA and the British. He then had the "temerity" to fall out with the Bush family.

He had total control over Iraq and all its "nutters" as you so charmingly put it!

Iraq would have been better off if he was still in power IMO. Not only that but the Islamic extremism groups and the control they are beginning to exert in Iraq would never have got a sniff.

When protesters were marching in their thousands against the war before it started and warning of what taking the lid off Pandora's box might lead to Blair carried on regardless. He is a war-mongering religious idiot whose moral compass is clouded by an unhealthy belief in his own piety!

Prosecute him before you honour him. I have signed the petition!

All the main parties backed him so it's likely they would have followed the Washington line. You're right, he was a breath of fresh air when he gained power. Ironically he turned out as destructive, corrupt and narcissistic as Thatcher...if not more so in his own right. If this was Cameron mecky would be baying for blood. Ironically Blair is as right wing as Cameron is..if not more so.
They're all inclined to become more right wing after a period of being in power. They're saying that about about Mr Obama now.

I don't think any of them ever really anticipate the heavy responsibilities they will have to deal with until they get into that position of power.

Or at least that's what you say, but what I'm saying if it's not you it could be someone else

Once again in English please.

Also, I'd appreciate an answer to the question, why do you think Iraq was a legal war?

---------- Post added 29-11-2014 at 19:11 ----------

Darfour? Sri Lanka? Zimbabwe ? Rwanda ? Etc ?

Why Iraq and not them?

Possibly because of this?

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CC0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.independent.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fworld%2Fmiddle-east%2Ffuture-of-iraq-the-spioilis-of-war-431114.html&ei=jRl6VL2II5GU7QbfmIGACA&usg=AFQjCNGI4dJInoMw0ESH852ihfThKU9lAA&bvm=bv.80642063,d.ZGU&cad=rja

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CFQQFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fcommentisfree%2F2008%2Fjul%2F04%2Foil.oilandgascompanies&ei=jRl6VL2II5GU7QbfmIGACA&usg=AFQjCNGsy0HhjMwzD1nlwdgVhmJppoQHTA&bvm=bv.80642063,d.ZGU

Which is precisely what Blair did! He was complicit in the deaths of British soldiers and the maiming of others by sending them overseas to prosecute a war based on a total lie!

Why was it a lie and didn't he send troops there to stop a man killing his own people?

---------- Post added 30-11-2014 at 11:58 ----------

Once again in English please.

Also, I'd appreciate an answer to the question, why do you think Iraq was a legal war?

Because we sent troops to stop a madman killing his own people. We did similar in WW2 except it was a madman killing other countries' people. Why do you think it was an illegal war?

---------- Post added 30-11-2014 at 12:04 ----------

Then you think that I think like you - down narrow, party political and frankly stupid lines.

Justify Iraq to me. Here's how you can't.

It didn't have WMDs

It didn't have any terrorist organisations in or supported any (to my knowledge it didn't have any ties to Hamas or its ilk - prove me wrong

It wasn't a threat to the UK or the U.S.

It wasn't a threat to its immediate neighbours.

It had a very nasty dictator who oppressed its people. Syria has one. Libya had one. Arguably Russia has one. Saudi has a family of them (arguably). North Korea definately has one. Genocide has been committed, before and since, in plenty of other places and the west hasn't lifted a finger.

There was no special reason to go to Iraq and not half a dozen other, needier places instead.

It has WMD which is how those kurds were killed.

How do you know it didn't home terrorist organisations? You seen to forget in Desert Storm Iraq sent scuds into Israel, why do you think it did that? How do you know it wasn't a threat to the UK? Iraq invaded Iran, Kuwait and sent rockets into Israel and you're saying it wasn't a threat to its neighbours?

You seen to forget in Desert Storm Iraq sent scuds into Israel, why do you think it did that? How do you know it wasn't a threat to the UK?

A Scud has a range of 300/400kms. So not really a threat to the UK from Iraq any more than Gaza firing rockets into Israel is a threat to us.

---------- Post added 30-11-2014 at 12:38 ----------

I signed it

I did as well.