Christmas without Ikkle baby Jesus?

What has education got to do with those things? Plus Jesus old man was the dirtiest murdering scumbag the world has ever seen. Killed nearly everyone in the world on one occasion. On another he deliberately killed the children of Egypt to punish their parents.

Who that has actually read the bible can fail to loathe god?

And who has actually read it without understanding the most important line in the whole book - love thy neighbour as thyself.

Frankly [Christmas is] a waste of time if you dont go to church!!

What an absurd statement.

Are you telling me that all the non going to church parts of Christmas

eg.

family get together

old friends reunite in their hometowns

the giving and receiving of presents

a nice special meal for everyone

A few parties here and there

...are a waste of time?

If you really do think those things are a waste of time then I truly pity you, you must be missing out on all sorts of the good things in life.

---------- Post added 02-12-2014 at 22:02 ----------

I wouldn't mind so much if those who don't believe or care about the nativity would treat the 24th - 26th December as normal days and work them for standard pay, and don't go in for presents and such.

Why on earth would we do that?

We get the good parts of your celebration (some time off work, a few nice comforting rituals that you stole from earlier religions anyway) without having to believe a load of guff about virgin births.

Edited by flamingjimmy

And who has actually read it without understanding the most important line in the whole book - love thy neighbour as thyself.

That isn't the message one gets from an objective reading of the bible. Massacres far worse than the Holocaust occur and yet you quote some cheesy line as the most important part of the book? I'm sure Hitler said some nice things too, shall we remember him for that?

Or

'Whoever utters the name of the Lord must be put to death. The whole community must stone him, whether alien or native. If he utters the name, he must be put to death.'

Or

'Whoever utters the name of the Lord must be put to death. The whole community must stone him, whether alien or native. If he utters the name, he must be put to death.'

or perhaps

"Genesis 38:9, "But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother's wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother."

or perhaps

"Genesis 38:9, "But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother's wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother."

He's a shrewd fella, that Onan.

---------- Post added 02-12-2014 at 22:16 ----------

Make sure you maintain a little self control when beating slaves

'If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.'

So a good reason to leave things as they are then instead of some getting hot under the collar............let them who wants go to church etc go! and them as don't, go to Meadowhall etc!

After all they are both places of worship.

Hot under the collar? Nope. Just agreeing with all the athiests who find the whole idea of christmas so threatening that they are so desparate to get rid of it. Lets just make 25/26 Dec normal working days.

---------- Post added 03-12-2014 at 08:32 ----------

I'm glad the religious aspect of Christmas is being done away with. Hopefully fewer and fewer children will grow up believing in this ridiculously stupid myth. We should be too educated as a society for anyone to believe in such a myth.

Can I ask? What is it about Christianity that makes you feel so threatened by it? After all, you do seem to be getting rather het up about it.

---------- Post added 03-12-2014 at 08:35 ----------

So educated that we as a society still murder, rape, steal, adulterate,envy etc...............all the things that Jesus Christ and no doubt those that went before him and since, tried to turn us from?

I suppose it could be said that it is this "educating" of society to not believe may be actually making things worse, it certainly aint improving things :huh:

---------- Post added 03-12-2014 at 08:36 ----------

Not even Old Robert Cratchitt who works in accounts? :o

Why not, I assume that he will have a holiday quota :)

No faith in baby Jesus anymore = no valid reason whatsoever to celebrate Xmas anymore, so after 2014 years (or thereabouts), 25 and 26 December can finally revert back to being just bog-standard working days again.

As an employer, I for one heartily welcome this productive act of collective consciousness :thumbsup:

I think we should start celebrating other religion's holidays too, in a spirit of inclusiveness.

So everybody should probably get Diwali, Eid & other holidays too. This seems like a fair list: http://www.interfaithcalendar.org/2015.htm

Better not make me work on Emperor Haile Selassi birthday.

Edited by anywebsite