Beery events around Sheffield

Andy C

Just to add there is a charity do at the Belfry pub in Sothall this Saturday with meet the brewer events involving Bradfield, Abbeydale and Fuggle Bunny.

The SL3 Supertramlink bus goes there, bus 30 also passes close.

Edited by Andy C

Just to add there is a charity do at the Belfry pub in Sothall this Saturday with meet the brewer events involving Bradfield, Abbeydale and Fuggle Bunny.

The SL3 Supertramlink bus goes there, bus 30 also passes close.

Some years since I've been in Belfry,what ales do they sell nowdays.

Some years since I've been in Belfry,what ales do they sell nowdays.

I've never been in, its part of the Flaming Grill chain. I assume its mainly national brands with a local guest ale.

For the do tomorrow the brewers from Bradfield and Fuggle Bunny both plan on being there offering tasters of their beers and answering any questions.

• 2 months later...

With Magna not happening until later in the year now it's worth noting that there are a couple of good beery events coming up.

This week/end is the National Winter Ales Festival in Derby and the weekend after is the Chinley festival on the Sheffield-Manchester Ale Trail. However, I have never been to either! I went to the Roundhouse a few years ago before it was NWAF and it was pretty good tho. Does anyone have more recent experience of these events? And is anyone going?

With Magna not happening until later in the year now it's worth noting that there are a couple of good beery events coming up.

This week/end is the National Winter Ales Festival in Derby and the weekend after is the Chinley festival on the Sheffield-Manchester Ale Trail. However, I have never been to either! I went to the Roundhouse a few years ago before it was NWAF and it was pretty good tho. Does anyone have more recent experience of these events? And is anyone going?

I went to NWAF last year. It's good, although personally I preferred it when it was at the Sheridan Suite in Manchester.

I went to NWAF last year. It's good, although personally I preferred it when it was at the Sheridan Suite in Manchester.

Cheers. I never went to it in Manchester either. Most of the events in Manchester seem a little awkward to get to. (I did IndyMan last year and ended up staying over). Derby appeals as the Roundhouse is right by the station. So think I'll be giving it a go.

Chinley is one of the best festivals.Bit of a walk from the station but in a great setting,free to get in and some nice ales on.This will be my 4th visit.

Great. Cheers. Definitely considering giving it a go, weather depending. So may see you there.