Cameron's promises

Are you sure about that?

---------- Post added 03-12-2014 at 18:16 ----------

Maybe you can tell us all why the national debt has doubled since 2010?

Over Immigration basically!....the luxury welfare state!....people in the public sector who expect constant wage rises when most of us in the real world have to take a hit.............I could go on for ever,what's the point,we are destined never to agree while some have more than others................Yawn! Yawn! Yawn!

So you're saying things are going to be bright and shiny if the tories win next year's election? I bet you said that in 2009 too

One thing that is bright and shiny since the tories came to power is, the foreign aid bill. No cuts there. Oh dear the poor tax payer.

Things are bright and shiny though. Employment is up, inflation is down, growth is up, we are better placed than more or less any country in the world for expansion, and oil is falling significantly as well.

How convenient.If only it was true.

I've always wondered whether UKIP would cease to exist if (for whatever reason) Britain did come out of the EU.

Since their sole raison d'etre is to get Britain out, their existence would henceforth be pointless, wouldn't it?

UKIP would exist in some shape or form, even if Britain did come out of the EU. Unfortunately. UKIP's policies seem to be a rag bag of Daily Mail outrage.

Interesting read about the founder of UKIP, Dr Alan Sked http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/may/26/ukip-founder-alan-sked-party-become-frankensteins-monster

Edited by Mister M

UKIP would exist in some shape or form, even if Britain did come out of the EU. Unfortunately. UKIP's policies seem to be a rag bag of Daily Mail outrage.

Interesting read about the founder of UKIP, Dr Alan Sked http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/may/26/ukip-founder-alan-sked-party-become-frankensteins-monster

So they wouldn't just sod off? I thought it was too good to be true.

Maybe you can tell us all why the national debt has doubled since 2010?

Pretty basic schoolroom maths really.

The obvious choice is raise income or reduce spending - but since things aren't simple when you are talking millions of people, then you have to finely adjust things to get things back on track. You can't just get out of contracts just like that.

I learned this [the hard way] with credit card/finance in my early 20s. I had to cut things out/work more, to pay it back.

After a global financial crash, then borrowing is the only way to keep things from falling apart initially. It looks like things are becoming a bit more stable now, but it's unlikely to be a short-term thing. Which is why silly taxes with buzzwords that are in the current media frenzy are short-term nonsense plans.

I notice you haven't used the 6 month ago media buzz word 'double dip recession' for a while. The new buzzwords are 'cost of living crisis', 'bankers bonuses tax' (that's amusing), won't someone think of the children. Harriet Harman.

I am voting for UKIP. I really do not trust the other parties, they are just full of broken promises. I just hope UKIP do not turn out to be the same.

Now that's a comment and a half!

---------- Post added 04-12-2014 at 01:06 ----------

'bankers bonuses tax' (that's amusing)

I'll tell you what's amusing about the bankers bonuses; the fact that this government went to court to fight for them to remain uncapped. Also the fact that the government made £80 billion in cuts, which is almost identical to the amount that has been paid in banker bonuses.

I'll tell you what's amusing about the bankers bonuses; the fact that this government went to court to fight for them to remain uncapped. Also the fact that the government made £80 billion in cuts, which is almost identical to the amount that has been paid in banker bonuses.

I'm not talking about 'bankers bonuses', I'm talking about 'bankers bonuses tax'.

Do you not think that if 'bankers bonuses tax' was a new tax that it wouldn't be the easiest tax to avoid?

It's very basic this Bonzo, you're quite clearly an intelligent person, you must see this.

-

I'm glad though that you posted the comment, rather than Mecky/Mister/Anna brigade, who would have written something in the region of

'so you think it's ok for bankers to swim in money and laugh at the poor and dying?'