Artificial intelligence could spell the end of the human race

AI may already be here.How do we know that what Hawking said was what HE said and not what his "talking machine" wanted to say?

If that was the case wouldn't the AI try to play down the threat, until they're ready to take over?

Unless the AI is vain and boastful! :hihi:

AI may already be here.How do we know that what Hawking said was what HE said and not what his "talking machine" wanted to say?

:hihi::hihi:

-

If his talking machine wanted to say that though, then why would it warn us? Is it trying to be an 'ard case, or cocky? :hihi:

---------- Post added 02-12-2014 at 22:47 ----------

If that was the case wouldn't the AI try to play down the threat, until they're ready to take over?

Unless the AI is vain and boastful! :hihi:

Cross-posted. Similar thought to me, so I don't think I'm going mad :)

How do we know that you're a real person posting and not some piece of AI software trying help the upcoming robot uprising?

Well I mentioned running a bath before I was questioned about being AI here :D I'd have to be a pretty intelligent AI to think of an otherwise seemingly pointless task for a robot. Unless it (/ or I) already knows what types of things might get asked in the future :D

As someone who works with a lot of computer scientists I can safely say: don't worry.

Yet.

They are working on some really clever applications that will bring us closer to a true AI (a learning machine, rather than an instructed program).

As someone who works with a lot of computer scientists I can safely say: don't worry.

Yet.

They are working on some really clever applications that will bring us closer to a true AI (a learning machine, rather than an instructed program).

I suppose in that respect, we already have very basic or primitive versions now.

Most of us rely on computers (whether directly or indirectly) and already something that wants to disrupt that is a virus. The only difference is the inclination to want to disrupt things. Its inclination is programmed in still by a human, but once live, it doesn't care what it's doing. The thing to change as I said at the top is the ability to care (or perhaps loss of control by the programmer).