Body found in missing mum case Bristol

Tragic this, various sources report a body has been found in the Avon Gorge thought to be that of Charlotte Bevan, who walked out of hospital in Bristol with her four day old baby at night, wearing only slippers, trousers and a long black top, with the little one wrapped in blankets.

There were no indications she would do something like this apparently. Utterly tragic loss of life.

So tragic! Very, very sad news! Lets hope they find the baby alive & well!

Im sure there is alot more to this story and questions will be asked.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

:: Anyone feeling emotionally distressed or suicidal can call Samaritans for help on 08457 90 90 90 or email jo@samaritans.org

The impression I get, from reading the pleas of family members to encourage her to come home safely is that this might be related to post-natal depression, a dreadful affliction that is devastating to not just the mother but also those around her.

I feel very sorry for those she left behind, it must be an awful time for them.

This is so terribly sad - this should have been such a happy time for the lady and her family.

To be in such a dark, dark place that the only way there seems to be out of it is to take your own life is so tragic. I hope there is better news about the baby............

RIP young Mum - I hope you have now found peace.

Edited by Daven