Engine management warning light help please

I have not read the thread all the way through, and the op was quite a while ago, but the thing to do would be to visit the main dealer and have the fault identified.

Angel1.

on a 12 year old Toyota??

When the car gets that old you only go to the main dealer if you absolutely have to.

It's hard to justify the sky-high service bill when the car is not worth that much.

No it couldn't, a glowplug (which is a diesel item) would never cause this.

I now know Petes is a petrol, my mistake. If it would have been a diesel avensis a glow plug can cause engine managment light to come on as it did with my old avensis.

I now know Petes is a petrol, my mistake. If it would have been a diesel avensis a glow plug can cause engine managment light to come on as it did with my old avensis.

I didn't mention whether it might be a petrol or not, a faulty glow plug just wouldn't cause the problem that Pete has described (regardless of fuel type). I take it you only read the OP and none of the later discussion?

---------- Post added 18-12-2014 at 20:50 ----------

I have not read the thread all the way through, and the op was quite a while ago, but the thing to do would be to visit the main dealer and have the fault identified.

Angel1.

Why on Earth would you take an out of warranty car to the main dealer?

Yes i did read Petes op which states his engine management light came on, however he did not experience any faults. As i said it can be as simple as a glow plug fault, this i have experienced myself although mine was a diesel. We all know a diagnosis cannot be reached until its actually plugged in. I never actually answered to you, i was giving an opinion based on my experience to Pete, i never stated i know what his problem would turn out to be.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/80733-which-glow-plugs/

Edited by Erin

Yes i did read Petes op which states his engine management light came on, however he did not experience any faults. As i said it can be as simple as a glow plug fault, this i have experienced myself although mine was a diesel. We all know a diagnosis cannot be reached until its actually plugged in. I never actually answered to you, i was giving an opinion based on my experience to Pete, i never stated i know what his problem would turn out to be.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/80733-which-glow-plugs/

...which is why I asked if you'd read any of the discussion after the OP, Pete had had it plugged in.