Happy Mothers day everyone?

That's a lovely poem Appolo.

I would like to dedicate this to my Mum.

Happy Mother's Day! (clicky)

Mother

They were lovely, all the mothers

of the days of long ago,

With their gentle, quiet faces

And their hair as white as snow.

They were middle-aged at forty,

at fifty donned lace caps

And at sixty clung to shoulder shawls

and loved their little naps.

But I love the modern mother

who can share in all our joys,

And who understands the problems

of her growing girls and boys.

She may boast that she's older,

but her heart is twenty-three...

My glorious bright-eyed mother

Who is keeping young with me.

- Author Unknown

Happy mothers day to all the mothers out there! and to all them without their mothers here to share this day.......they will be with you!!

my daughter made me a lovely card at nursery but would not give it me because it is hers !!! lovely child ;)

I was woken at 7am to the culinary delights of; shreddies with a pint of milk, billy the bear ham (urrrggggg) chocolate croissants and 2 lovely cards on a flower fairy tray. My 6 year old and 4 year old then took daddy shopping for flowers.

Oh happy days

:) I was lucky enough to be remembered by all my 3 grown up children and hope you all were. Can I tell you about one of the loveliest mothers day gifts I ever had. My daughter had 2 small children and was very skint. She took an empty glass jar and decorated it and wrote Memory Bank on it. She then wrote on pieces of paper and folded them up. When I opened it every piece had a childhood memory on it. Some good, one or two not so good, but all that she remembered about growing up milestones. I cried for ages reading through them. This was about 5 yrs ago and every so often I add a paper to my memory bank so I don't forget something I wouldn't want to. Just little happy things that wouldn't mean anything to anyone else.:) :)

Thanks for the wishes for Mothers Day, means a lot to us. I was feeling sorry for myself, daughter in Luxembourg, son in Japan where they celebrate it on the American day. So, only one card but I know they will be thinking about me.

Then I read Appolo's poem......I can't even do the roses cos my moms grave is in Sheffield and me down here. Still my brother is doing that for me.

It's a lovely poem though and sums it all up doesnt it.

At least I can talk to my kids on the internet.

Best wishes then to the rest of us.:)

Joanl

It's my first Mothers Day as a Mum and it's a delight. My 4.5 month twin girls were perched on the sofa kicking at a gift bag for me when I got into the lounge. Some lovely gifts and a card (isn't it amazing how quickly they learn to write eh?) and it brought tears to my eyes.

After a visit form friends I've taken the girls to my Mum's who is having them for a few hours while we do big tasks in the house (laying a carpet etc).

My only sorrow is that my Nanna is in hospital and terminally ill and this will be my Mum's last Mothers Day as a daughter.

I think we'll go and see Nanna later so she can see the girls.

Happy in my view as a new Mum, for my Mum as grandmother to my girls but sad for my Mum when she thinks about her Mum and for my Nanna who knows her time draws closer.

For all Mums.......

Ahhh thanks for the wishes.Happy Mothers Day to the rest of you too.

My kids left me to have a morning in bed,which i did tlll 12 oclock,They had both done the housework for me,Ahhh bless.Although i cant wait till my youngest goes out,its just she sprays half a tin of pledge on the tele screen and its driving me mad,lol

I got a lovely bunch of pink roses from my hubby

My eldest bought me some Burberry perfume and some choccies

My youngest bought me some lavender pillows,charlie perfume,and Neil S

adaka cd...oh and my hubbys just doing the ironing.Hes a darling...

Archived