Happy Mothers day everyone?

Mmm...well...We had both Mums around - and 93 year old Nan. Other half cooked a lovely chinese buffet type meal, a few glasses of wine and hey presto a nice happy family - more like scenes from "Royal Family" though!

However, I haven't managed to wangle him doing the ironing yet! You ladies with the hubbies doing the ironing must be far more experienced...I'll have to work on that for next year!!!

Just bathing my daughter now, then going to get her in bed and have a relaxing evening watching tv...should be working but have lost all energy!

Enjoy the rest of the night!

Decided that everywhere would have been packed today and we hadn't pre-booked a meal anywhere so we decided to take mum to the coast for fish and chips! They were lovely, and the sunshine made it possible to walk on the sea front and watch the kids palying in the sand and the dogs in the sea.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MUM TO THE BEST MUM IN THE WORLD XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I made my mummy a card with winnie the pooh on the front. I even wrote the poem inside myself! This is it;

"Thankyou mum, for being there

Thankyou mum, for showing you care

So today is yours, to stay in bed

Lay down, relax and rest your head

On mother's day this year

We give you three and one more cheer"

And I made her a collage of pictures of me, my sister and mum and dad :)

My Mum has got three dogs. I managed to find a card with a picture of a dog pulling a trolley of 4 puppies. The main message was "Thank you Mum for your patience" Then each puppy had a speech bubble saying "Are we there yet" "I'm Hungry" "I need a wee" and something else.

Inside I signed it from me and the 3 dogs. Being doggies of course they spelled their names slightly badly

:) I was lucky enough to be remembered by all my 3 grown up children and hope you all were. Can I tell you about one of the loveliest mothers day gifts I ever had. My daughter had 2 small children and was very skint. She took an empty glass jar and decorated it and wrote Memory Bank on it. She then wrote on pieces of paper and folded them up. When I opened it every piece had a childhood memory on it. Some good, one or two not so good, but all that she remembered about growing up milestones. I cried for ages reading through them. This was about 5 yrs ago and every so often I add a paper to my memory bank so I don't forget something I wouldn't want to. Just little happy things that wouldn't mean anything to anyone else.:) :)

it really is true that the best things in life are free, :)

Archived