Snow tyre question

Hi, question regarding snow tyres, I have 205,50,16 tyres/ rims on my car but I am thinking of buying a set of 205,55,16 snow tyres, has anyone fitted slightly larger tyres on and had any probs?? I'm aware of speedo calibration will be out slightly and the chance of arch rub etc, only ask as can't get the required tyre in 50 profile,thanks :)

As I stated, I can't get the tyre pattern in correct profile, I'm only asking if anyone has fitted similar and had any probs, it's hard to find decent winter tyres on 50 profiles without paying the earth for them and I don't do the miles to warrant that amount of cost, I was going to have them fitted then swapped later for summer tyres.

Snow/Winter tyres have advantage, not just in snow but cold weather.

Fair enough. But dont all weather tyres suit our climate better? I had some AWTs on all 4 corners and it was good in the snow. I replaced the two front ones recently and tried a wet weather tyre which has been ace although im a little nervous about the snow. I guess ill let you all know how they are, if i survive lol

---------- Post added 06-12-2014 at 14:53 ----------

Changing tyres to a non standard size can invalidate your insurance. Check for sizes with your vehicle manufacturer then inform your insurance company.

He could buy a set of cheap wheels specifically for the snow tyres?