Snow tyre question

thing is with good tyres on the front you can control the rear no matter what it does (if you know what your doing)

THe last thing you want is the front end going,that gone you have no control at all.

Apart from the fact you can change the direction the wheels point in you mean?

with a front wheel drive,if the front end comes near its limit all you have to do is point and boot it.

Thus guaranteeing that you will lose traction by adding more demands on the tyre.. :roll:

Its pretty irellivent what the rear is doing as the front will pull the rear straight.

Yeah because if the rear end slides round and overtakes the front that's not a problem at all is it...

Its the same in snow,if you lose grip on snow or ice and keep the brakes on your going to just keep sliding where your headed.Let the brakes off,turn the wheel to where you want to go and boot it.

Muppet. Please let us know whey you go it snow so we can all watch you and have a good laugh.

That's assuming you ever get a licence.

Apart from the fact you can change the direction the wheels point in you mean?

Thus guaranteeing that you will lose traction by adding more demands on the tyre.. :roll:

Yeah because if the rear end slides round and overtakes the front that's not a problem at all is it...

Muppet. Please let us know whey you go it snow so we can all watch you and have a good laugh.

That's assuming you ever get a licence.

your just a complete joke matey.

"In FWD, because the rear (skidding) tyres do not receive power you can add lots of power, adding weight and grip to the rear and negating oversteer. This also "pulls" the car out of oversteer. If you really get sideways you can prevent a spin by putting maximum power through the front tyres, causing them to lose traction and wheelspin thus they are skidding at the same or greater rate than the rear, so for a moment the car travels sideways, grip eventually return to the rear (as the car is gradually slowing) and the car gets pulled out of the oversteer. "

http://circuit-instructor.co.uk/fwd-oversteer-correction-explanation.html

Taking power off in trouble in a FWD will end in tears.The answer is ALWAYS boot it.

Tried tested and rewarded for the skills. 4 different driving tests passed first time actually!

Edited by Xt500

"In FWD, because the rear (skidding) tyres do not receive power you can add lots of power, adding weight and grip to the rear and negating oversteer. This also "pulls" the car out of oversteer. If you really get sideways you can prevent a spin by putting maximum power through the front tyres, causing them to lose traction and wheelspin thus they are skidding at the same or greater rate than the rear, so for a moment the car travels sideways, grip eventually return to the rear (as the car is gradually slowing) and the car gets pulled out of the oversteer. "

Taking power off in trouble in a FWD will end in tears.The answer is ALWAYS boot it.

Tried tested and rewarded for the skills. 4 different driving tests passed first time actually!

oh look moving goalposts... you said the front end was sliding not the back! Now it's the back to fit in with your mistake?

Seriously - learn to drive and listen to the people who clearly know a darn sight more than you about driving.

oh look moving goalposts... you said the front end was sliding not the back! Now it's the back to fit in with your mistake?

Seriously - learn to drive and listen to the people who clearly know a darn sight more than you about driving.

ha ha .Why dont we put our money where our mouth is?

Oh look the testosterone is kicking in... :roll:

ah just as i thought all mouth!! :)

you and me both know you dont have the slightest clue what your on about.If you decide you do,them pm me for my number and we can test it.Otherwise go play on the handbag threads where you will be a little more informed,.

ah just as i thought all mouth!! :)

you and me both know you don't have the slightest clue what your on about.If you decide you do,them pm me for my number and we can test it.Otherwise go play on the handbag threads where you will be a little more informed,.

I have no intention of fulfilling your juvenile desires.

I'm certain that one person on here doesn't know what they are talking about. I'm also certain, unlike yourself who that is. The fact that you have descended to swagger in your first post and accused people of not knowing what they are talking about speaks volumes....

I have no intention of fulfilling your juvenile desires.

I'm certain that one person on here doesn't know what they are talking about. I'm also certain, unlike yourself who that is. The fact that you have descended to swagger in your first post and accused people of not knowing what they are talking about speaks volumes....

them that can drive,will read your posts and snigger.we will leave it at that.Of course my offer still stands,but ill not wait up ay? :)

Great quote. Pity it's got nothing to do with driving ON THE ROAD.