Snow tyre question

HA ha you think the dynamics of a car changes to its surroundings? :)

God this forum is full of em!

Ha Ha. How many junctions, cars coming the other way, little old ladies crossing the road, etc etc , do you see on a circuit?

The worrying thing is that some people might read your posts and then mistakenly follow your advice.

Ha Ha. How many junctions, cars coming the other way, little old ladies crossing the road, etc etc , do you see on a circuit?

The worrying thing is that some people might read your posts and then mistakenly follow your advice.

put the drink down matey youve had enough :)

• 4 weeks later...
Fair enough. But dont all weather tyres suit our climate better? I had some AWTs on all 4 corners and it was good in the snow. I replaced the two front ones recently and tried a wet weather tyre which has been ace although im a little nervous about the snow. I guess ill let you all know how they are, if i survive lol

---------- Post added 06-12-2014 at 14:53 ----------

He could buy a set of cheap wheels specifically for the snow tyres?

They would still be a non standard size for his car.

So do good driving skills,learn to drive in snow and any tyre is fine.

In snow, a summer tyre has about half the traction and braking ability of a winter tyre. However good you are, that could make the difference between completing a journey and being left stranded. Unless the key driving skill is to realise that on some days you should leave your summer-tyred car at home.

In snow, a summer tyre has about half the traction and braking ability of a winter tyre. However good you are, that could make the difference between completing a journey and being left stranded. Unless the key driving skill is to realise that on some days you should leave your summer-tyred car at home.

I've never owed a winter tyre and my job for years involved driving over 30 miles to work covering all types of roads in that.Not going wasn't an option and I've never had a vehicle put a foot out of place during them years.

Winter tyres are just another tool to pamper to the less able drivers although I'm sure there's probable remote locations that would be an exception but good vehicle choice is part and parcel of being a good driver and I'd expect them to have suitable vehicles already armed with meaty tyres.

like the above post says if you've got it any normal well in service tyre will do.

I've never owed a winter tyre and my job for years involved driving over 30 miles to work covering all types of roads in that.Not going wasn't an option and I've never had a vehicle put a foot out of place during them years.

Winter tyres are just another tool to pamper to the less able drivers although I'm sure there's probable remote locations that would be an exception but good vehicle choice is part and parcel of being a good driver and I'd expect them to have suitable vehicles already armed with meaty tyres.

like the above post says if you've got it any normal well in service tyre will do.

Except it won't. The number of 4x4's on summer tyres my little RWD BMW pulls out of the sheffield snow is testament to that...

I was driving boxing day on night shift,sat,sun,mon and tue.While other muppets where slipping and slidding,turning on hazards and abandoning cars.I was still still driving across the City from Peaks right upto Loxley in a Skoda Fabia with normal tyres.Not once did i have a problem,even going through Walkley down Parsonage street then down Walkley Bank Road and upto Loxley.

---------- Post added 08-01-2015 at 10:05 ----------

Except it won't. The number of 4x4's on summer tyres my little RWD BMW pulls out of the sheffield snow is testament to that...

There was a 4x4 stuck in his car parking space at Hillsborough Mcdonalds on Monday,it was hilarious:hihi: he couldn't get out :hihi: