Man grabs woman off night bus are women safe?

I think I understood them pretty clearly, exactly how you wrote them, that's why I asked if you tell your wife when she can or can't go out.

I'll rephrase it, do you tell your wife when she can't go out?

---------- Post added 07-12-2014 at 16:45 ----------

My wife works all kinds of shifts and often has to go through places which could be dangerous (near the hospitals). I wouldn't dream of telling her that she can't go out at that time.

EDIT: Not only that, I wouldn't dream of telling her ANYTHING she can't do. I'm not in charge of her will.

I think he understood them perfectly well, perhaps he was as shocked as I am by them. You would actually refuse to let her leave the house? How would you stop her if she wanted to go out? Violence? Hide her keys? I'm shocked that this kind of attitude still exists. I wouldn't dream of telling my lady what she can and can't do.

You are aware that statistically you are far more likely to be the victim of violent crime than her? So, now you know that surely it is common sense for her not to let you out? Or will that not work because you are a man and you tell her what to do.

:hihi::hihi: You two are so bad at this!

After a man sexually assaulted a woman getting off a night bus the question is are women out late at night safe and what could be done to stop such crimes?

We can't advise women how to be safe. Some would have them parading down a country lane after a night out half naked. If you mention that it might be dangerous you're a "misogynist".

Women aren't safe. Until we address the problem they should be more careful (not the lady in the OP).

Feminists are happy for them to be sacrificial lambs.

:hihi::hihi: You two are so bad at this!

Telling people what to do, making demands of what people should do is all about control. Control is the maim ingredient of sex pests, rapists and abusers...be careful, you may indirectly be showing certain characteristics.

What about your wife insisting that you can't go out because males rape?

Even better..the state imposes a curfew on all males between 11pm and 6am.

After a man sexually assaulted a woman getting off a night bus the question is are women out late at night safe and what could be done to stop such crimes?

You could just as easily have said;

After a man assaulted another man sometime late at night, the question is are men out late at night safe?

Generally the answer is yes, mostly they are (women and men), men are actually at higher risk of violent crime, women of sexual assault.

---------- Post added 08-12-2014 at 08:44 ----------

I wouldn't let my wife out at that time or any teenager - unless they had a lift or I was personally picking them up from a night out.

You wouldn't LET your wife out. Is she not an adult, does she need your permission?

---------- Post added 08-12-2014 at 08:46 ----------

She does ask me before she wants to do something herself as it is called respect- some marriages still have it.. and I tell her what I am doing (which isn't alot as my life revolves around my work and family).

Adious.

Your idea of respect is that she ASKS permission, whilst you TELL her what you're doing.

It sounds entirely healthy and balanced. :huh:

---------- Post added 08-12-2014 at 08:47 ----------

We can't advise women how to be safe. Some would have them parading down a country lane after a night out half naked. If you mention that it might be dangerous you're a "misogynist".

Women aren't safe. Until we address the problem they should be more careful (not the lady in the OP).

Feminists are happy for them to be sacrificial lambs.

You prefer to blame the victim than the criminal then?

You mean problems like stereotyping and discrimination against them?

Yes I can't remember the last time they thet commited any cr....oh wait......

Anyway lets all stand in a cirle and hold hands WE ARE THE WOOORLD WE ARE THE PEEEEEOPLE

That's exactly the thing I was talking about. I'm more interested in their safety than playing some daft feminist game with their safety.

You're "solution" to their safety is to restrict what they are free to do. The correct solution is to protect them from assault, not lock them in a room.

What difference do you imagine being "half naked" makes? Do you think rape is a crime that needs provocation? Are rapists simply unable to suppress their urges? Or does the state of dress likely have nothing to do with it?

In which case it's crime of opportunity, it's the fact that the victim is vulnerable by being somewhere alone. Can you reasonably expect women to never be alone and to live life in paranoia and fear?

And what about men? Muggings and assaults generally take place against men on their own as well.

It's not unreasonable to tell people to be more aware of where they are, and where they are going when alone. It is unreasonable to focus on women specifically and then to bring their clothing into it. This is why people object to your victim blaming.

Edited by Cyclone