Xmas tree lights nightmare

once again the struggle to straighten the lights out is here have a 7' tree so I knew a set of twenty lights would look rubbish so bought set with 120 on, no matter how careful I wrap them up its a nightmare the next year to untangle them. my tree comes in three parts so why don't the lights come the same. think I will be calling at electrical shop to see if I can get a couple of connections to split the wire! Anyone got ideas to keep them tidy/untangled

the l e d or whatever are easier to put up in my opinion,i also agree roll them over a piece of card thanks

The inside from a roll of kitchen towels is ideal. Put a notch at each end for the ends of the wire.

As everyone has said wrap them around a tube or card.

But start wrapping at the plug end. So the light end is first, start at the top of ther tree and walk around it, dropping a level each turn. As you get to the bottom you should be left with the wire section with the plug at the end. When your packing up start with the plug end again.

Works for me everytime.

We have a large tree outside and use four 20m length lights on it. We lay the lights out in lines when getting ready to put them on the tree, same when we put them away. We wrap the wire in circles between our hands and elbow to make a coil, then put a tie wrap around them until next year. We unwrap by winding the same way as they were coiled rather than just pulling one end and letting go. Ours are icicle lights with drops of wire up to around 20 cm along the length but we manage to do this without tangling them up. It helps if there are two of you, especially if its windy.