Xmas tree lights nightmare

Learn to coil cable properly and they won't get tangled.

Bear in mind that We wrap the wire in circles between our hands and elbow to make a coil isn't coiling a cable, let alone properly, and is actually quite likely to break the lights. Proper coiling will be loose and not induce a twist into the cable, although it's harder than it sounds to do right.

We have to put up over 400m of christmas lights each year and they just live in a cardboard box in coils (secured with PVC tape) and never get tangled. But then I have probably coiled over 100km of cable this year alone, so you get used to doing it...

Hi chez and all, that's how I wrap them up hand to elbow but they are still a mess the next year I thought about taking the hosepipe of the reel but now will try wrapping them round a box. Mr Bloom 120 is enough as I always have lots left over at the bottom when I have wrapped the round and round and round..........thanks all

If you hold them by the top of the loop and unwind them (rather than drop them and pull one end) it can't fail. As I said, we do it with 20m of lights with long drops of wire 'icicles' on. The wire has small LED lights on so can easily get tangled if not done methodically.

See if you can get thin rope lights, they don't tangle so easily.

Hope you get sorted.