How old were you when you moved out

18 - as soon as I got a job after college. I just wish I had been able to do it sooner.

---------- Post added 16-12-2014 at 17:55 ----------

I moved out for 6 months, until my nan became ill (so moved home again to make sure everything was okay.. and then she passed away the same year.

Then my dad's health started in decline, so I stopped with them. Still at home now, caring for my mom.

is it a sheffield thing to use the word "mom"? i've seen it on many threads. I always thought it was an american word.

27 and I still live with my father.

Spent the last few years investing in my business and trying to get my books looking good for when I finally buy next year, possibly look at renting it out though for a few years to get some more money/security behind me, me and my old man get on great also.

Iv also gutted the house and done it up for my old man so he is comfortable later on in life, he inherited the house but it was dated and needed a lot of work doing to it, so decided to do it for him.

It is very hard to get on the ladder when self employed, at the moment it's a juggling act between putting money back in to my business and saving. Sometimes I wish I had a 9-5 with a regular income, but I also love my job, unfortunately it takes a little longer to to show the banks your making a good profit and put money back into your business.

Not everybody drops into a category, I could rent tomorrow but want the freedom to be able to build and improve plus I see renting as dead money.