We're all going to die..

Daffs and me have bought a plot in a wooded meadow we have staked it out and planned what kind of tree will be planted to grow on top of us.

We have picked the coffins and told the family to take us straight to our chosen place when the time comes as we don't want any religious service but we wold like some one to say a few words [all good] in the nearest pub afterwards.

We have stood in the meadow on a nice summers day and spoken to people who have loved ones buried there ,the piece and feeling off well being that this gave was unbelievable and took away any fear that the final curtain may bring.

Not for every one I Know but as far as we are concerned the whole process has just become part of life and taken away all the mystery.

Curious, surely a side effect of being dead is not being aware of what happens afterwards, so why does it matter where you are buried?

Curious, surely a side effect of being dead is not being aware of what happens afterwards, so why does it matter where you are buried?

Well as far as we are concerned to be part of nature is quite appealing as our place has no visible headstones and is covered in wild flowers as well as trees ,as you say it does not really matter to the departed but the thought of say any grand kids visiting such a nice spot is dead right;). due to the absence of the actual traditional cemetery outlook.

---------- Post added 09-12-2014 at 15:21 ----------

Yet the mind cannot exist without the brain, so where does it go after death?

Perhaps you can enlighten us?

I asked a question, hence the ?

I certainly don't hold the position that the human mind is separate from the human brain.

Now I see, you are being logical while I have been indoctrinated by mumbo jumbo.

Yours is a valid point and maybe you have pondered on this far more than I have, I was a product of an Irish mother and an Italian father and I was brought up Catholic, I was lucky enough to pass my eleven plus and win a scholarship to a Catholic boys school that took great delight in thrashing me and telling me that Catholic was good and nothing else could match it.

Very soon I made my mind up they were wrong and I developed my own belief which is ... I believe in my god and pay him due respect and I live in the hope that he will recipricate, in a fix he is the one I call to first and I try to remember to thank him for my blessings.

Soppy? ridiculous? I really dont know but I can say that we have gotten on wonderfully by respecting each other since my early years.

Now I see, you are being logical while I have been indoctrinated by mumbo jumbo.

Yours is a valid point and maybe you have pondered on this far more than I have, I was a product of an Irish mother and an Italian father and I was brought up Catholic, I was lucky enough to pass my eleven plus and win a scholarship to a Catholic boys school that took great delight in thrashing me and telling me that Catholic was good and nothing else could match it.

Very soon I made my mind up they were wrong and I developed my own belief which is ... I believe in my god and pay him due respect and I live in the hope that he will recipricate, in a fix he is the one I call to first and I try to remember to thank him for my blessings.

Soppy? ridiculous? I really dont know but I can say that we have gotten on wonderfully by respecting each other since my early years.

Why does your god deserve respect?