Who is this bloke i keep hearing about?

Santa i think they call him. Who is he? Does he realise that in this country Father Christmas distributes our prezzies and that trying to muscle in on his turf may cause more than just a red nose for Rudolf.

Seriously. Stop it with the santa rubbish!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I feel better now :D

My missus says that Santa says that I have been too naughty this year to expect any presents from him:gag::gag::help:

I told her that I refuse to be judged by some fat unshaven bloke who only works one day a year.

No fear, Father Christmas is far more forgiving than this Santa imposter so i can confidently predict you will be getting a nice prezzie this Christmas :)

No fear, Father Christmas is far more forgiving than this Santa imposter so i can confidently predict you will be getting a nice prezzie this Christmas :)

Actually between me and you I already know that I will be getting several "surprises":suspect::suspect:

She went out with my credit card the other day and I've just paid for 'em.:roll:

Santa is actually the americanised version of Saint Nicholas or Sinterklaas whose holy day is still celebrated yearly in the Netherlands and parts of Belgium, Germany and I think Denmark.

As usual there was good commercial sense in amalgamating the lot.

Santa is actually the americanised version of Saint Nicholas or Sinterklaas whose holy day is still celebrated yearly in the Netherlands and parts of Belgium, Germany and I think Denmark.

As usual there was good commercial sense in amalgamating the lot.

In Bari in Italy there are statues in the Cathedral Square of Saint Nicolas who is their patron saint and in the vaults of the Cathedral is a shrine that supposedly contains his remains.

All the surrounding souvenir shops make a living out of Santa for fifty two weeks a year:)

"Santa" is the Americanised version of Father Christmas.

In America they can't really emphasise Christmas too much, this time of year is referred to as "the holidays". Thankfully its not like that here.

We do that out of respect for those who celebrate other holidays that fall around the same time. Its more inclusive this way...

Also, if you Brits are going to take Santa from us, at least make him live at the North Pole rather than in Lapland. ;)

as well as north-eastern France (Alsace and Moselle), on 6th December as it should. Edited by L00b