World darts championship hits sheffield

the Projectdarts world championship for pub players

open to anyone to enter

this saturday at rileys

saturday 13th dec the floor tournament qualifier

1.All entrance will play best of 11x501 in a bid to make the last 16 pf the tournament.

2.It will be bull up to start with only bull/semis to count and the first name drawn out

for the game shall throw at the bull 1st and then alternate until there is a clear winner.

3.The winner shall advance to the next round.

4.Once we are down to the last 8 players then play for the day shall stop.

sunday the 14th dec the stage tournament

1.the tournament shall change to a stage where matches shall be played one after another

in front of an audience and the format shall change to going up to best of 15 then 17 until the final which will be best of 19.

2.walk on music will be required so we can set it up for the players for entrance to the stage

3.pro markers and callers will be used for every game during the stage play.

4.The winner shall receive the projectdarts world championship trophy.

5.the winner will also need to be ready to be interviewed by the press who are covering the tournament

The pay out for the tournament is as follows

winner £500

r/up £200

s/f £100

q/f £50

format

qualifying rounds best of 11x501

last 16 best of 13x501

q/f best of 15x501

s/f best of 17x501

final best of 19x501

The tournament shall be played at Riley's sheffield with qualifying played on 8 boards and

the stage tournament shall be played in a seperate room with an audience on stage.

well of course not,its the 4th world championship,1st been the BDO started in 1978

pdc started in 1994

soft tip started in 2003

PDP started in 2014

its all been passed by all organisations and the DRA, and open to anyone,nobody said it was pdc

well of course not,its the 4th world championship

Behave!!!! :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Cant knock darts events, the more the merrier, but a World Championship it aint. Only two of those in the steel tip game, and one of them is a pale imitation of what it use to be and drags the image of the game down.

of course its not but all organisations have to start at the bottom in any sport,and this is where they start,thay have run competitions in south yorkshire and the north midlands all year and have paid out close to £40,000 in over 40 events,there just trying to help players get ahead start,they have took 9 players to the pdc this year and helped along the way lots of younger players with sponsors,not a high profile world championship it aint but a world championship it is,players from hollond,france and even two auatralians have entered so far,still the biggest darting event outside the pdc to hit sheffield for a long time,they have done the local game wonders this year

---------- Post added 08-12-2014 at 15:11 ----------

I so wish I still played darts, I would have had a crack at this.

byeo's enterance music - Paint it Black by the Rolling Stones.

give it a go mate,i am

Behave!!!! :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Cant knock darts events, the more the merrier, but a World Championship it aint. Only two of those in the steel tip game, and one of them is a pale imitation of what it use to be and drags the image of the game down.

Why do you think the BDO drags down the image of the sport?

The BDO may not have the backing of SKY, big name sponsors or money to attract the elite players, but it is still a great competition. It does a lot to promote the womens, youth and disability versions of the game, which his hardly dragging the game down now is it.

Some people find the PDC a bit souless, half the crowd are not even watching the darts, they booing and jeering like animals and leering over the walkon girls..

I like both versions of the game and i wish PROJECT DARTS all the best too!

Some people find the PDC a bit souless, half the crowd are not even watching the darts, they booing and jeering like animals and leering over the walkon girls..

I don't find the PDC souless but agree 100% that (in my opinion) 95% of the "fans" are there to get drunk, shout and dance to music/act like idiots. It's the poor 5% who I feel sorry for, those who want to watch the darts until you get some drunk 25 year old dressed as batman standing up singing "stand up, if you love the darts".

I don't have an issues with "fans" dressing up, it's the acting like idiots which put's me off viewing a live PDC event. Go on to YouTube and you'll find loads of footage take from people at PDC events of what the T.V cameras don't show.

After watching the PDC world's I do find watching the BDO world's in the new year like coming from a AC/DC concert to sitting in a library. I don't like to knock the BDO as they started it all and produced some of the best darts players ever but they are stuck in a time warp.

In the end it's all subjective, if you want to watch pure darts then it's the BDO. If you want darts with consistantly high averages and the razzamataz watch the PL or other PDC events.