How Sheffield is portrayed. Why did they kill the city centre?

You can't park in the city centre?

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/travel/driving/parking/city-centre.html

---------- Post added 18-12-2014 at 14:05 ----------

You believe that if it makes you feel better.

Thanks for another chance to laugh at you. There are pay car parks in Sheffield. I'm not sure that folk would stagger back to the car carrying a flat screen though. Do keep trying. :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Meadowhall offers free parking and easy access. Did you miss that?

Nobody claimed they were free.

How do you imagine it works at Meadowhall though, does the TV magically teleport to the car, or do you have to "stagger back to the car park with it"

You just keep making statements that make no sense.

"Can't park in the city centre". Idiocy. Is a £2.50 parking charge going to stop someone buying a £500 TV?

Is the car parking at John Lewis somehow further away than that at Debenhams in Meadowhall. No, of course it isn't. Argos in town actually has a loading dock at the back, you can't get your car that close at meadowhall without driving inside.

Nobody claimed they were free.

How do you imagine it works at Meadowhall though, does the TV magically teleport to the car, or do you have to "stagger back to the car park with it"

You just keep making statements that make no sense.

Actually you go to the goods pick up point and they load it into the car for you. You really aren't very good at this are you?

Do people really still take it upon themselves to move £500 worth electronics about themselves when many companies now offer free delivery?

I would think so. Home delivery works if you don't. And I've never really grasped the concept. There is no free delivery, they just put it in the price.

If I were buying a fridge I'd get it delivered and put up with waiting around all morning for it to turn up. If I were buying a TV, computer or hi-fi goods that could go in the hatch then I'd want to take them and get them in action rather than wait 5 days for a van.

The big thing with folk who buy online now is click and collect. They buy online but go and collect because they don't want to wait in and it's cheaper.

That's a well thought out post. I can see now why Sheffield is in it's current state.
I meant it tongue in cheek, but to be fair I agree it was a bit stupid.

But seriously, there is more to a city than economic prosperity. I moved to Sheffield from London about 8 years ago, and it's much better up here. Sheffield is a great city.