Hospital parking

If they want to charge for parking to put the money back into the hospital then fine... but the last thing you want to be thinking about when going to visit a sick relative is worrying about having enough change! INSTALL A CARD MACHINE!!! It's a reasonable request when they're charging £2.40!

Went to Hallamshire yesterday for a 10am appointment, car park full!!! Nightmare trying to find somewhere and then being late for appointment. Something seriously needs sorting about the parking situation. It will be the bus next time (exactly what they want)!!

You will have been warned about the lack of parking in your appointment letter.

I work at the NGH and pay for a staff parking permit.

If I am unable to find a staff parking space I have to pay and display- remembering to remove my permit from the windscreen since staff aren't supposed to pay and display. I carry a change purse in my car for this very purpose - there's no way I intend paying over the asking price AS WELL AS pay for my parking permit.before I start my shift.:rant:

Can be quite emotive when hospitals are involved but two things to keep in mind

1) there is a cost involved in maintaining car parks - not just repairing the surface and painting lines but gritting in winter, keeping it lit up etc etc. The money has to come from somewhere and surely it should be from users rather than from the healthcare budget?

2) More people work and visit than there are spaces so there has to be some incentive to use public transport where that is a reasonable option. Both the NGH and RHH have frequent bus services and the most you will pay to get there from anywhere in Sheffield is £4.50 for an all day Citywide pass.

I would wholeheartedly agree however that the prices should be reasonable and the experience should be made easy (card payment, change given, clearly signposted etc).

Edited by Andy C