2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

But it was forecast yesterday for today and they could have checked out the forecast before setting off to work.

Your not wrong. We are over in Sheff this week, and knew there was a chance of snow on Tuesday when we set off. Its all well and good, but if you dont need to travel, then dont.

lawsom34 - not sure now, we have at least 4" here and its seriously slippery (even with decent tyres and technique) even though I have plenty of bad weather driving experience wouldn't be out and about tonight by choice

Gritters aren't going to clear this, we need a plough

Just been out in Shirecliffe, managed ok myself as my golf is a 4motion one but the amount of idiots who just stop in the road without consideration to how others will pass them is mind boggling.

Is that the 4WD version?

Just been out in Shirecliffe, managed ok myself as my golf is a 4motion one but the amount of idiots who just stop in the road without consideration to how others will pass them is mind boggling.

lol know what you mean....couple of cars bottom of shirecliffe rd ...queuing up behind another car struggling to go up....errrr think id just back up n try other way

The 2.8 v6 one yes although it is possible to lose control if you are not careful and get overconfident.

very nice. out of my budget im afraid, but thankfully the vectra made it to Sheff before the snow came!

lol know what you mean....couple of cars bottom of shirecliffe rd ...queuing up behind another car struggling to go up....errrr think id just back up n try other way

I passed a Yaris and a jag that were parked opposite each other on the hill with their hazzards on earlier, the look on their faces as I cruised past was priceless!