2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

TWIRLER-My weather friend :) Are we due heavy snow overnight and in the morning?

I'm no expert, certainly not in Twirler's league, but take a look at the radar. Looks like we're about to get some more.

Good evening all!

My apologies for not getting on, I'm just so busy at work lately but feeling pretty lucky to have a job at the moment so really can't complain at all! I walked in today after digging my OH's car out and returned to dig it back IN to the parking space, lol. Lots of snow today, lots of people had to leave work early as nurseries were shut, I was even sat next to one person who was reading this thread looking for the latest info, I didn't say anything to her :)

Don't think we'll get too much tonight, maybe a bit later on. Potential for some tomorrow, the cold is certainly here to stay for a little while so the danger is going to remain.

Hope everyone got home okay, saw lots of crashes and accidents today!

Interesting radar tonight which shows a polar low. Present radar loop shows it as a direct hit later on forecast has it to go more to the west of us. If it does hit us it could provide a short period of intense snow.

Certainly there is a big front over the giants causeway currently which I think will score a direct hit but I question whether it can maintain it's intensity all the way over here, but I suppose we'll find out in the early hours!

Just as much of a threat is going to be ice on any untreated surfaces. It's going to be really slippery tonight and in the morning, dangerous.

Certainly there is a big front over the giants causeway currently which I think will score a direct hit but I question whether it can maintain it's intensity all the way over here, but I suppose we'll find out in the early hours!

Just as much of a threat is going to be ice on any untreated surfaces. It's going to be really slippery tonight and in the morning, dangerous.

Hoping your wrong and we get a foot or two I'm the city centre