2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

The Waitrose man was fine delivering to my house. I guess that they have a better class of van:)

I've driven right across town and back twice tonight. I haven't encountered any problems at all. The main roads are clear and ice free. The side roads are a different story, as usual. They range from "passable with care" to "I think I'll walk".

Do be careful out there, but it is possible to move around and do normal stuff.

I've been out in the car twice today too, including using a whole variety of side roads. I also did my fair share of sliding around on said side roads, and I live on a small cul de sac which is on a hill and which has no passing traffic or grit bin, so we're quite used to being the last road which becomes passable in times of snow and ice.

The usual problem is that gravity gets us out of the street and then we can't get back up the hill again afterwards.

No way? Its melting down the road in s8.

It was milder in S8 than in the city centre yesterday morning. There was still lots of ice on the roads in S3 but it was thawing and slushy on much higher ground out of town. Usually it's the other way round so you have to allow for different weather situations in different parts of the city, even unusual ones.