2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

I have to book a taxi for 11.15 tonight to take me into Rotherham. An overnight duty.

Last Thursday morning was a struggle, I nearly didn't get home, the roads were so bad.

What chance in the morning? (I shall need my sleep)

Thank you, any help is appreciated.x

You'll be fine, Carmen. Very bitterly cold tonight, but no snow to speak of.

Just been out to the car and it is snowing very lightly in S3. There is a band passing over that has come from the coast but it isn't going to give us very much, a dusting on all surfaces at most, though there are some big bands behind it that are heavier that could give us an inch or so.

There is a big band making it's way down that will hit tomorrow but uncertain how much snow we'll get here, it has a long way to travel before it gets to us, I'll be keeping an eye on as always and advise if we are due any problems.

The daytime will likely be just slightly too mild for snow over the next few days but the evenings and nights will be bitterly cold and very conducive to large amounts of snowfall, so if the precipitation passes over we will get snow.

Just been out to the car and it is snowing very lightly in S3. There is a band passing over that has come from the coast but it isn't going to give us very much, a dusting on all surfaces at most, though there are some big bands behind it that are heavier that could give us an inch or so.

There is a big band making it's way down that will hit tomorrow but uncertain how much snow we'll get here, it has a long way to travel before it gets to us, I'll be keeping an eye on as always and advise if we are due any problems.

The daytime will likely be just slightly too mild for snow over the next few days but the evenings and nights will be bitterly cold and very conducive to large amounts of snowfall, so if the precipitation passes over we will get snow.

Hi twirler thanks for the update, can you do me a favour and let me know how bad Peterborough is I'm here for another 7 hours and will just come back to sheffield if anything big is going to hit,any thanks again for the updates

Hi twirler thanks for the update, can you do me a favour and let me know how bad Peterborough is I'm here for another 7 hours and will just come back to sheffield if anything big is going to hit,any thanks again for the updates

I think you'll be okay, P'boro is not seeing any snow at the moment but just up the road in Spalding is getting a bit currently and the fronts coming in off the sea could be anything by then so I'll definitely keep an eye out for you, but I would be very surprised if it gave anything more than short bursts tonight.

I think you'll be okay, P'boro is not seeing any snow at the moment but just up the road in Spalding is getting a bit currently and the fronts coming in off the sea could be anything by then so I'll definitely keep an eye out for you, but I would be very surprised if it gave anything more than short bursts tonight.

Well as it happens I'm in spalding just used Peterborough to generalise lol but thankyou very much for the updates