2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

I'm currently at work near Dewsbury and I've got to get back to Dronfield. Is the M1 south to junction 29 ok, and will I be able to make it to the Dronfield turn off on the A61?

Thanks

There was a fairly big crash and a lot of tailbacks near J36/7 going south when I passed an hour back. The snow on the motorway is also fairly deep and it's not been gritted or ploughed around the sheffield area as of 90 minutes ago.

You will make it if you drive sensibly. Sadly the other denizens of the motorway dont drive sensibly. I'd leave it as late as you can to give them chance to get gritting.

Apparantly there is a lorry facing the wrong way on the southbound carriageway. Also the A1 is closed southbound at the M18 due to a problem.

I'd check on the bbc travelsite just in case it's not resolved by 2.30... it currently reports that the parkway is "slow" due to snow.. so people are probably erecting a tent city there overnight if I know the BBC's understatement.

Apparantly there is a lorry facing the wrong way on the southbound carriageway. Also the A1 is closed southbound at the M18 due to a problem.

I'd check on the bbc travelsite just in case it's not resolved by 2.30... it currently reports that the parkway is "slow" due to snow.. so people are probably erecting a tent city there overnight if I know the BBC's understatement.

I would get that tent out if I was you. They have been trying to move it. Someone I know has been stuck for 90 mins behind it.