2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

Just been driving on Barnsley Rd when a childs tent blew across the road and into my car (and left scratches!). Not sure where it came from. It sure is blowing a gale out there at the moment!

Blue bins seem particularly mobile. We've laid ours on its side and wedged it in place to make sure it doesn't do a runner.

Nowadays, of course, the incidence of snow/ice is so reduced that many do not have the opportunity to develop your skills.

I know. It was only in 1997 so not that long ago and considering I lived in Swansea at the time quite a rare occasion. Really grateful for the rare opportunity to gain the skills early on in my driving

This cheap snow blower is easy to use with the helix at the front like a set of wheels so you are only pushing whats in the shovel without any lifting. £25 inc. del from Amazon but takes a good week to get delivered.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Einhell-MSF-Manual-Snow-Blower/dp/B000MW9UU2/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_4

This cheap snow blower is easy to use with the helix at the front like a set of wheels so you are only pushing whats in the shovel without any lifting. £25 inc. del from Amazon but takes a good week to get delivered.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Einhell-MSF-Manual-Snow-Blower/dp/B000MW9UU2/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_4

I think I'd need to try one to be convinced that it wouldn't be harder work than a shovel. A shovel's pretty flexible also, as you don't need a straight run as I think you would need with this.

Edit. The few reviews seem positive.

Edited by Eater Sundae

my mate who is a climate change expert did predict storms at some point between October and March. He has been proven right again

He says it will snow at some point between now and the end of April

He is worth his 75 grand a year

Hahaha. Like your style! ;c)