2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

Coming down thick and fast in Dore. Side road white over covering the sheet ice that was there earlier. Just hope my friends, whom I am babysitting for can get home ok. Doesn't look so bad on the traffic cams in the city centre.

I think something needs to be done about the standard of driving during snowy times

Why can't people observe the speed limit its often women under 30 who do this. Moronic drivers who insist on driving with fog lamps on, often women again

Idiots who Willy nilly leave cars in places that cause a danger to other users, yes women its often you. Using mobile phones when driving (women again)

Well said that man!

They might be okay. It is going to be a bit patchy in nature but the front coming in extends all the way out past Manchester, Liverpool and into the Irish Sea.

There's plenty where this come from yet.

Fingers crossed. Not sure the 5 inch heels will be much cop in this snow:P

Fingers crossed. Not sure the 5 inch heels will be much cop in this snow:P

You'll be pleased to hear that the winds have moved a touch Southerly again, so most of the snow will be blown over Chesterfield and Matlock if that continues although we'll still catch the edge of the front intermittently over the next few hours.

Could go either way really, we are on a fine line between a cm lying snow and an inch or two.

(Either way, your heels will be above the snow line!)

Friends now back and I've managed to drive home. Glad hubby had forgotten to turn heating off!

Are we in the same city, Sheffield, South Yorkshire? Here in S20 there is nothing, slight rain, but no snow ... weird!

School closures next I reckon!

Are we in the same city, Sheffield, South Yorkshire? Here in S20 there is nothing, slight rain, but no snow ... weird!

School closures next I reckon!

I'm pretty sure that all Sheffield Schools will be closed tomorrow:rolleyes: