2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

According to most outlets, there is agreement that from tomorrow night we will get frequent snow showers into the night and right through Wednesday. Where I tend to look they are only forecasting a couple of cm and no more than 4mm per/hour which isn't really heavy snowfall, so we should be able to manage it and get about to work and the like.

However, there will probably be another 2 runs before then where the latest data is fed into the systems which then do a run on the forecast and this could change very quickly. Predicting snowfall amounts is very hard, only a couple of years ago they predicted Gatwick would get 2.5cm the night before it got almost 10x that.

We will probably not get very heavy snow, but there is a chance and it's worth keeping an eye on forecast updates in the next 12-16 hours. Especially if you are planning journeys!

According to most outlets, there is agreement that from tomorrow night we will get frequent snow showers into the night and right through Wednesday. Where I tend to look they are only forecasting a couple of cm and no more than 4mm per/hour which isn't really heavy snowfall, so we should be able to manage it and get about to work and the like.

However, there will probably be another 2 runs before then where the latest data is fed into the systems which then do a run on the forecast and this could change very quickly. Predicting snowfall amounts is very hard, only a couple of years ago they predicted Gatwick would get 2.5cm the night before it got almost 10x that.

We will probably not get very heavy snow, but there is a chance and it's worth keeping an eye on forecast updates in the next 12-16 hours. Especially if you are planning journeys!

My met office app has been telling about yellow warnings for snow for nearly a week, yet despite promising snow Tuesday night/ Wednesday morning I have no weather warnings.

My met office app has been telling about yellow warnings for snow for nearly a week, yet despite promising snow Tuesday night/ Wednesday morning I have no weather warnings.

The met office have just done another run and really downgraded their forecasts for Sheffield to light patchy snow for a couple of hours only. But I stopped listening to them years ago, they said on Boxing Day that we were due the same amount of snow they say we will get tomorrow and we all know how that turned out :)

I'll post something later with the UKWF update to see if they concur. I'm working all over the east coast tomorrow, so hoping to dart around and get my stuff done and home before it snows.