2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

I love the UK Snow map :) although the rating out of 10 is a bit subjective! But used as a tool along with the precipitation radar it is very handy. I have yet to meet my ambition of seeing the whole of the UK under snowflakes on it, though!

---------- Post added 20-01-2015 at 00:24 ----------

00:23 update - Tuesday 20th Jan.

The Met Office have significantly downgraded their expectations and now think we will get NO snow today or tomorrow. Interesting, though I don't necessarily believe it at this point.

We are now forecast snow from about 9pm tonight going into Wednesday evening. Quite a lot of the snow is supposed to be heavy snow.

Lets hope the council do not balls this up like last month.

A message to everyone else... DO YOUR BIT! clear your driveways and the section of road in front of your house while the snow is still soft. It will make a difference.

We are now forecast snow from about 9pm tonight going into Wednesday evening. Quite a lot of the snow is supposed to be heavy snow.

Lets hope the council do not balls this up like last month.

A message to everyone else... DO YOUR BIT! clear your driveways and the section of road in front of your house while the snow is still soft. It will make a difference.

Some of my neighbours clear the snow every time it comes down and it turns that piece of our road into skating rink, with the ice being impossible to spot, also the road has a slight camber so it can be treacherous to pass. In contrast the part of the road that still has snow on is still passable with care.

Just to clarify my house is on a very quiet side street, which only has access to our houses.

Edited by JFKvsNixon