Rm2: Garage / Jungle

GENERAL LEVY (Live)

KIDLIB

DMK

FRENZY D

SHORTY

AUTOGRAFF

MC DUBZEE

It’s been too long since our last big session back in May with the earth-shattering Zion Train Soundsystem. In keeping with bringing Sheffield some of the UK Dub scene’s most legendary sounds, we are over the moon to present one of our favourite soundsystems: The Mighty Aba-Shanti-I Soundsystem. Aba, aka Joseph Smith cut his teeth Deejaying on Jah Tubby’s and became known as Aba-Shanti-I in the early 90s. Since 1993, Aba has held a much coveted residency at Notting Hill Carnival as well as appearing regularly at Leicester Carnival and the University of Dub. Aba explores the foundations of roots music in his selection, synonymous with a legendary dub-plate collection, running his own tracks like “Jah Lord” and “Jah Lightning And Thunder” on bass heavy that are both bass-heavy and crystal clear. Aba-Shanti-I was one of the first touring sounds to acknowledge a diverse audience, and always emphasises messages of unity and integration whilst toasting on the mic.

With a full tour schedule across Europe and beyond, it is a real honour to have Aba-Shanti-I with us here for our Xmas special. After not touching the steel city for so long, do not miss this unique opportunity to hear it live and direct.

Room 2: General Levy

The man that defined the fusion between Reggae Music, Jungle and later Drum & Bass. One of the most incredible live MCs in the scene, and a man that needs no introduction. As if Aba-Shanti-I was not enough, we have the Incredible himself – GENERAL LEVY!!! Aside from appearing on the Ali G soundtrack, this man has worked with countless Jungle and Drum & Bass producers after first finding popularity when signed to the Fashion Records imprint. With a unique style, the wickedest general most recently proved his versatility and staying power by bussing up BBC 1xtra’s Fire in the Booth alongside the likes of Dizzee Rascal, Lethal Bizzle, Tempa T & Footsie.

Providing ample support are the LSS Residents, Sheffield UKG stalwart DMK, ColdupNorf’s MC DUBZEE and Green Bay Wax’s head honcho KIDLIB who has been finding huge demand for his 90s inspired Drum & Bass and Jungle releases. With incredible vocal energy from Mr. Levy’s rapid-fire delivery, room two will get very, very hyper. Jungle is Massive!

£8 Early Birds - SOLD OUT

£10 Standard

M.O.T.D.

Paper Tickets:

Balance (Devonshire Street)

Knuf (Ecclesall Road)

Online Tickets:

Party for the People (http://bit.ly/1rvV812)

Resident Advisor (http://bit.ly/11vBsna)

Doors: 23.45 – 6.00

More info:

E: info@liquidsteelsessions.co.uk

W: http://www.liquidsteelsound.co.uk

T: 07828766329