Blades vs Saints

canadablade

here we go, now world beaters :roll: lol

Where was the term 'world beaters' used, other than by you?

Seriously, some of you lot need to get a grip.

All that was said was ON OUR DAY an expression used commonly when talking about sport and understood by all normal people to mean 'when we are on our game'.

The reaction from some on here trying to make an argument about a throwaway but totally justifiable remark is pretty daft.

Well whether it does or doesn't Jon it shown that the skills and determination are there already, and if Clough is the man that he seems to be he has to make them produce on a regular basis and not just on "special" occasions.

I'm inwardly confident of our chances this year, we just need to put a blistering run together

Rossy, I bet they've never thought of that. :)

Have to say some of the showboating at times by the blades was un-necessary and any team with their wits about them would totally punish them for doing that.

no need to start trying to do spins on the balls and other silly stuff, especially when the other team are obviously much faster on their feet than you.

You're kidding right?

I know it hasn't always appeared like it at times but football is supposed to be an entertainment.

The move in the first half which included several players and featured a 360 degree spin by Basham to evade his tackler and finished with a good effort over the bar from a great cross was the move of the game from either team.

It showed real teamwork and skill and is an example of what most of us pay our money for.

None of it came under the description showboating, it came under category of football.

None of it came under the description showboating, it came under category of football.

and a couple of moves collapsed when the player got the ball tangled up in their own feet, or then went on to make a poor pass and give the ball away.

There were some good moves, there were some entertaining moves.

There was an awesome little spin in the second half and even a cheeky little nutmeg of someone - the look on his face was awesome.

but you can't muck about with a PL side, it was so very obvious how much faster their players were.

Mane was a bloody rocket, I don't know why they didn't just chuck a long ball his way and let him tear right past the defence the man was like lightning.

and a couple of moves collapsed when the player got the ball tangled up in their own feet, or then went on to make a poor pass and give the ball away.

There were some good moves, there were some entertaining moves.

There was an awesome little spin in the second half and even a cheeky little nutmeg of someone - the look on his face was awesome.

but you can't muck about with a PL side, it was so very obvious how much faster their players were.

Mane was a bloody rocket, I don't know why they didn't just chuck a long ball his way and let him tear right past the defence the man was like lightning.

All a matter of opinion as always, but my view is if you bar players from expressing themselves from time to time you inhibit their game and lose that bit of flair which is needed to win tight games.

Other than flashes here and there Southampton didn't really cause too much trouble.

Their keeper was the busiest of the two and apart from two near misses and one really good save Howard wasn't particularly involved.

United looked as though they were enjoying themselves and their performance reflected it.

The problem we have in this division is that unlike last night where they turned up to give it a go and win the game, most teams turn up to defend in depth and snatch a breakaway if they can.

Oldham were an exception to that and played very well, but usually we're faced with trying to break through mass defence and some fans don't have the patience to accept it without getting restless.

Lol, I was going to post the exact same but thought better of it.

Anyway I can't remember having two semi's in under a year before.

Thats exactly what I said to the wife last night.

---------- Post added 17-12-2014 at 14:54 ----------

Err.....one player making his league debut for the Blades. One player playing for the second time in for the Blades. Man of the Match a 17-year old.

Eight of those Saints players played on Saturday.

Two Blades players playing none league football last month,and more young products from the academy .The future looks very promising,well done the Blades. PS the money will be very welcome to.

Thats exactly what I said to the wife last night.

---------- Post added 17-12-2014 at 14:54 ----------

Two Blades players playing none league football last month,and more young products from the academy .The future looks very promising,well done the Blades. PS the money will be very welcome to.

I wonder how much you will get for em!

Mc'sue will be building another hotel .

I wonder how much you will get for em!

Mc'sue will be building another hotel .

Just as a matter of interest are you under the impression that referring to McCabe in that way is some sort of insult?

If so how, do you reconcile that with the fact that he won the case, thus proving that he was right to sue and his opponents in the case had cheated?

And, given your clubs well known attitude toward money, particularly other peoples money, what exactly do you think they would have done differently had they been in United's position?