Blades vs Saints

canadablade

(Slight satalite delay Gazza)

The problem we have at home in the league is that teams turn up , play 11 men behind the ball and hit us on the break.We spend 90min passing the ball around in our own half and when we eventually do create a chance (after about 65min) the striker misses it.

Away from home and against the better teams in the cup we are usually given a lot more space and time in midfield and actually look like a very good passing team; although we still need a striker,

The team we have at the moment is probably not cut out for 3rd division football

---------- Post added 18-12-2014 at 14:52 ----------

[/color]

(Slight satalite delay Gazza)

The problem we have at home in the league is that teams turn up , play 11 men behind the ball and hit us on the break.We spend 90min passing the ball around in our own half and when we eventually do create a chance (after about 65min) the striker misses it.

Away from home and against the better teams in the cup we are usually given a lot more space and time in midfield and actually look like a very good passing team; although we still need a striker,

The team we have at the moment is probably not cut out for 3rd division football

Thanks for replying,always good to talk football.:) serious question now,how would you feel about united signing madine,looks as though he will be allowed to leave in january and he does score goals in league one,i think he could be the answer to your goal scoring problems.

Edited by Gazza58

[/color]

Thanks for replying,always good to talk football.:) serious question now,how would you feel about united signing madine,looks as though he will be allowed to leave in january and he does score goals in league one,i think he could be the answer to your goal scoring problems.

I'd give Madine a chance tomorrow,

[/color]

I'm with trav on this one gazza.

He would probably get some stick from some fans at first but if he started scoring that would soon stop.

I honestly believe the club were gonna sign Evans before the backlash , so i don't see a problem with Madine.

Meanwhile, keeping this thread on track, here are some of the views of the game from the Southampton fans.

Totally outplayed,5 yellows,1 red and a disgusting performance.

No respect for the fans...

Blades were deserving winners so don't want to take anything away from them.

Hope they get to Wembley. “

“Utter drivel. Embarrassed. Serious questions need to be asked of Koeman for the first time after that. “

“Not a single positive, not one attacking moment I can remember. Not one save made to deny us.Utter trash heap crap. “

“I'm the sunniest of sunny optimists. I got nothing after this. Heartbroken.”

“utter, utter gash

we were not unlucky tonight, we were utter gash

left toby on the bench ffs

koeman walked away from clough at the end instead of shaking hands, not cool either “

“Out thought

Out fought

Out played."

“At least I feel like a Saints fan again. “

“Not one for the big meltdown after a defeat, but you have to say this was a shocker and off the back of four straight defeats, extremely worrying. Battered by a team in mid-table in League One and our hilarious top four chat now looks, frankly, a complete embarrassment.”

“Absolutely abject; outfought, outthought and outplayed by a division 1 side. We never looked as though we would score in a month of Tuesdays. And so unprofessional to pick up unnecessary yellow cards for Morgan and Victor, who therefore will miss the Everton match. At least (presumably) we shall get to see what Reed can do against the Toffees. And unforgivable for RK to not shake hands with and congratulate Clough. Well done the Blades! You deserved it; we could easily have lost 3:0 or 4:0. Disaaaaster! “

“The better side won, which is embarrassing when they're two divisions below. “

“Twitter blowing up with reports of fights and riots from our folk. All we need. “

“RK walking away from clough when he put his hand out to shake it, was poor IMO “

“Some people get silly about losing to lower league opposition. We beat Man U in 1976 in the FA Cup Final FFS. It is written in the Football Bible that these things will happen and they frequently do. We should congratulate Sheff Utd. and move on. “

“I do not like Clough one bit but for Koeman not to shake his hand rings of a bad loser. “

“Sheff Utd deserved it, well done to them. “

“Ironic that posters saying our squad depth cost us the game ...... Sheffield United bought on 17 year old & another making his debut!! “

“They deserve it, fair play to them. We have been outplayed and knocked out by an average L1 side. “

“Sheffield were brilliant they fully deserved to win “

Go out and have a few drinks all of you - please It is 'Mad Friday'- this thread - apart from a few posts - looks like you have all imbibed already and it hasn't agreed with you. The landlord/lady would be looking to tell you all to get yourselves off home now because you've had enough. Nothing new has been said on here with regard to insults and this could in no way be 'wrapped' up as banter - even with ribbons and Christmas bows on. :gag:

Please behave now and let it drop. It is the season of goodwill an' all that .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Oh and I have run out of popcorn :hihi: