Trying to find if a will has been made

It's a really dodgy area. I've been trying to contest a will for nearly 4 years and haven't got anywhere.

The will was drawn up (for my late aunt) six months before she passed away, we didn't know it existed, and of course it's VERY difficult to find out if one exists, as it doesn't necessarily have to be lodged with a solicitor or other institution.

The best time to contest any will is at the probate hearing in court. But obviously then you have to know that information. And you have to have appropriate reasons why, preferably with documentation.

In my case my late aunts estate should have passed directly to her sister (my mother), but a distant cousin and her husband befriended her 6 months before she passed away (at 92 yrs), took her to a solicitor, drew up the will making them sole beneficiaries AND Executors, and nobody had a clue. Being executors, they can block any information you try to find out about anything....They effectively screwed her for £350,000 and there's nothing can be done, without a shed load of money to pay solicitors, which my family don't have.....

It's a minefield.