Anyone get arthritis in their fingers?

hi...

yes it could be gout, i get it in my knees,ankle,toe and wrist....VERY PAINFUL,

A couple of weeks a go i got it in my knee, ankle and toe all at the same time, Doctor gave me some small white tablets, but did no good.

I have suffered with it for 7 years now......

I got a new doctor 2 weeks ago, she took a quick blood test and confirmed it as gout, now i have a tablets everyday to try to control it, but it still is in my ankle now.....

Get to the doctor and they will confirm it after a little blood test

antony

They kept trying to tell my boyf he has gout and infected nails, turned out after two years on treatment for gout and fungal nail infection, it was rheumatoid arthritis and Psoriatic Arthritis. :rolleyes: which after two years of being active had started to cause serious damage to the joints.

Ive asked everything else on The Forum,might as well ask this.Yes, its the old coffin dodgers again with their aches and pains.Ive always suffered from arthritis of the spine & neck,but last week woke up in bed one night,and my fingers felt like two bunches of bananas.They were swollen up especially the middle one on each hand.Hope it doesnt stop me typing,but luckily my index fingers arent too bad,so I can type with them.Has anyone else suffered from this,and what did they do or take ?:help:

I've been taking Glucosamine Suphate 500mg/Chondroitine400mg for around 20 years now. Stopped taking it once as I ran out and within a few days I could hardly move without pain. Dosage is Glucosamine 1500mg per day and Chondroitin 1200 mg per day. It's not like taking pain killers. It takes a month or so do get into your system and work. Check it out online and get the best deal on the internet. Being in the UK you're going to get ripped off pricewise, but that's the same for almost everything over there. Good Luck!:thumbsup:

Ive asked everything else on The Forum,might as well ask this.Yes, its the old coffin dodgers again with their aches and pains.Ive always suffered from arthritis of the spine & neck,but last week woke up in bed one night,and my fingers felt like two bunches of bananas.They were swollen up especially the middle one on each hand.Hope it doesnt stop me typing,but luckily my index fingers arent too bad,so I can type with them.Has anyone else suffered from this,and what did they do or take ?:help:

I know someone who has arthritis in their fingers. He has bought a bass guitar and plays it every day. He says it helps the joints as you need to put a lot of pressure on the strings and stretch the joints to fret the strings.

Actually typing is a particularly bad activity as it brings on repetitive strain injury. Try swapping your mouse hand. I did that and it took me about 2 hours to adapt, and now prefer a L/H mouse.

P.S.. We need a bass player in our band.:cool:

PPS.. If you want to try glucosamine they sell it at JTF out on the Parkway at about 1/4 the price it is in the chemists.

hi...

yes it could be gout, i get it in my knees,ankle,toe and wrist....VERY PAINFUL,

A couple of weeks a go i got it in my knee, ankle and toe all at the same time, Doctor gave me some small white tablets, but did no good.

I have suffered with it for 7 years now......

I got a new doctor 2 weeks ago, she took a quick blood test and confirmed it as gout, now i have a tablets everyday to try to control it, but it still is in my ankle now.....

Get to the doctor and they will confirm it after a little blood test

antony

Gout is the worst pain imaginable. The only way that it can be described is that moment when you bang your thumb with a hammer, except that it is continuous.

Gout is the worst pain imaginable. The only way that it can be described is that moment when you bang your thumb with a hammer, except that it is continuous.
you can hum that.......

today i got it in my ankle......off to doctors thursday, maybe getting a stronger dose of the alapruonol,

diclofenic tablets seem to help control the pain and take down the swelling.

GOUT is a pain like a hammer hitting you

I find putting my ankle in a bucket of hot water, then into cold water takes the pain level down, when you are in pain you tend to try anything out.

Archived