Brave boys of the Taliban at it again

Recap yourself. Go back a few posts. Is there any other religion in today's society that promotes death on an unprecedented scale?

Discounting the hate preaching homophobe that you'd pulled out of the net & had on standby of course.

Why does today's society come into it? Can't deny that other religions have had their murderous time in history. It just so happens that some nutters in the middle east are using Islam as their excuse at the moment. Once this ordeal comes to an end, some other extremists from another corner of the earth will surface.

Why does today's society come into it? Can't deny that other religions have had their murderous time in history. It just so happens that some nutters in the middle east are using Islam as their excuse at the moment. Once this ordeal comes to an end, some other extremists from another corner of the earth will surface.

Maybe so but it doesn't excuse what's happening now.

The god of the Bible is pretty nasty to say the least.

When he has the ability and condemns you to eternal damnation and suffering (for not jumping on board) it's really not surprising that those that follow him can be slightly tainted at the least and outright murderous at the most...yes, the pixies from above is a perfect example of love and what is right. Not.

What translation are you hoping for?

This one.....Mafia states this is taken out of context....translated incorrectly but refuses to show the correct translation.

The Quran:

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief] is worse than killing...

but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)" (Translation is from the Noble Quran) The historical context of this passage is not defensive warfare, since Muhammad and his Muslims had just relocated to Medina and were not under attack by their Meccan adversaries. In fact, the verses urge offensive warfare, in that Muslims are to drive Meccans out of their own city (which they later did). The use of the word "persecution" by some Muslim translators is thus disingenuous (the actual Muslim words for persecution - "idtihad" - and oppression - a variation of "z-l-m" - do not appear in the verse). The actual Arabic comes from "fitna" which can mean disbelief, or the disorder that results from unbelief or temptation. Taken as a whole, the context makes clear that violence is being authorized until "religion is for Allah" - ie. unbelievers desist in their unbelief.

Report Post Edit/Delete Message

This one.....Mafia states this is taken out of context....translated incorrectly but refuses to show the correct translation.

The Quran:

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief] is worse than killing...

but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)" (Translation is from the Noble Quran) The historical context of this passage is not defensive warfare, since Muhammad and his Muslims had just relocated to Medina and were not under attack by their Meccan adversaries. In fact, the verses urge offensive warfare, in that Muslims are to drive Meccans out of their own city (which they later did). The use of the word "persecution" by some Muslim translators is thus disingenuous (the actual Muslim words for persecution - "idtihad" - and oppression - a variation of "z-l-m" - do not appear in the verse). The actual Arabic comes from "fitna" which can mean disbelief, or the disorder that results from unbelief or temptation. Taken as a whole, the context makes clear that violence is being authorized until "religion is for Allah" - ie. unbelievers desist in their unbelief.

Report Post Edit/Delete Message

My bold=

I said it is easy to post scriptures out of context and have not said it is translated incorrectly so don't mis quote me :loopy:

Edited by mafya

My bold=

I said it is easy to post scriptures out of context and have not said it is translated incorrectly so don't mis quote me :loopy:

I absolutely agree with you about that. It is a tactic of both Muslims and Muslim haters.

You are inferring that this has happened in the above case. Could you expand on that please? In what context was the above said?