Brave boys of the Taliban at it again

In which verse of the Qur'an does it explain which verses only apply for the war between Meccan tribes and which verses apply for all time?

You also appear to be claiming that every war and battle fought by Mohammad and his followers was started by someone else, and that no innocent people were killed or executed, and that no women were enslaved and raped and that everything he did was in self defense will no lands taken from anyone else for the purpose of expanding the Islamic empire.

---------- Post added 24-12-2014 at 16:45 ----------

Which is driven by their religious beliefs and the Quranic idea that implies they are superior to non believers.

---------- Post added 24-12-2014 at 16:49 ----------

They are a product of their religious beliefs, homophobes are not born homophobes, they are indoctrinated by their religion to believe that homosexuality is a sin punishable by eternal damnation.

If it's all about religion. Why are the other few billion Muslims quite happily living in peace?

If it's all about religion. Why are the other few billion Muslims quite happily living in peace?

Some people take religion more seriously than others, some take it to the extreme, others put in minimal effort, some will be selective in the parts they choose to follow, some will be less vocal about their beliefs, some just follow the crowd like sheep, some fear the results of denying their religion, and some sit idly by whilst members of their religion follow the more violent parts of their religion.

Edited by anfisa

Do you have one or any opinion that is actually your own? All these links of yours are other people's opinions, many of them as bad as your own atheistic ones. Modern Christianity owes nothing to its own past. It may be the last best hope for the peace of the world. It survived the Colliseum. It will survive you.

Do you have one or any opinion that is actually your own? All these links of yours are other people's opinions, many of them as bad as your own atheistic ones. Modern Christianity owes nothing to its own past. It may be the last best hope for the peace of the world. It survived the Colliseum. It will survive you.

So you are objecting to people pointing out specific cases of religeon being problematical but you are perfectly happy to paint a broad brush over all atheists then....

What is indisputable is that the beliefs and actions of extremists are driven by a literal interpretation of the Koran. Whether you or anyone else agrees with their interpretation doesn't change the fact that they are the product of Islam. Muslims perpetuate the nonsense and therefore share some collective blame for the problem. They need to sort it out, give it up or find some less harmful mumbo jumbo to follow.

And the literal interpretation is not hard to make out- it forbids fighting and killing innocents.

There are no ambigious verses on combat.

Those who 'transgress the limits' (in this case those who target innocent people or commit other atrocities) themselves would be executed under a proper Islamic Caliphate.

---------- Post added 26-12-2014 at 08:26 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by anfisa View Post

In which verse of the Qur'an does it explain which verses only apply for the war between Meccan tribes and which verses apply for all time?

You also appear to be claiming that every war and battle fought by Mohammad and his followers was started by someone else, and that no innocent people were killed or executed, and that no women were enslaved and raped and that everything he did was in self defense will no lands taken from anyone else for the purpose of expanding the Islamic empire.

You have not studied any Islamic sources have you?

I suggest you pick up a good historical account of the Islamic world around the 7th century- it may help you understand rather than pick and choose what suits you.

The forum is not a place for this sort of thing- and I have no idea what your main intent is. You join SF this month and sound similar to others who keep bouncing back and forth under different usernames.

If you want to know and learn, PM me. I will answer you direct.

Your call.

Depends on your definition of 'happily living in peace'. Compared to life in West I don't think life for Muslims living in the Middle East, Asia and Africa is particularly happy or peaceful. Would you describe life as happy and peaceful in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Egypt, Pakistan, Somalia, Nigeria, Sudan, CAR etc, etc, etc? Islamic culture is plagued by extremism and it blights lives.

And the literal interpretation is not hard to make out- it forbids fighting and killing innocents.

There are no ambigious verses on combat.

Those who 'transgress the limits' (in this case those who target innocent people or commit other atrocities) themselves would be executed under a proper Islamic Caliphate.

---------- Post added 26-12-2014 at 08:26 ----------

You have not studied any Islamic sources have you?

I suggest you pick up a good historical account of the Islamic world around the 7th century- it may help you understand rather than pick and choose what suits you.

The forum is not a place for this sort of thing- and I have no idea what your main intent is. You join SF this month and sound similar to others who keep bouncing back and forth under different usernames.

If you want to know and learn, PM me. I will answer you direct.

Your call.

Assuming that every Muslim has studied Islam it is easy to conclude that studying it will send the student down one of many paths, there are many many differences of opinion within the religion, and for each of those differences of opinion there is a Koranic verse, or an example set by Mohammad to justify it. If the words in the Koran were the words of a God that wanted people to live in piece with each other, it would be less ambiguous and written in a way that could only be interpreted one way no matter who the student is. If by study you mean believe the words of one Islamic scholar over another the result will be the same.

Which historical account of the Islamic world around the 7th century would you suggest I read, because all the accounts that I have read make the claim that Islam was spread by conquest. Surrender to Islam or die appears to have been the motto of the day.

From an historical point of view ISIS are not that different to the armies of Mohammad, if you can not see that then you should study your own history.

The obvious answer to all the conflict is for God to have the Koran and Bible rewritten for today's world, something that a God could easily accomplish.

Edited by anfisa

So, the Christian hate preachers have to carry out their threats to be classed as a Christian hate preacher?

---------- Post added 24-12-2014 at 17:18 ----------

Worries me more when someone professes the Bible to be a book of peace.

You, for example.

It has left me with no wish whatsoever to harm or kill anyone. If everyone did that, no problem.

Depends on your definition of 'happily living in peace'. Compared to life in West I don't think life for Muslims living in the Middle East, Asia and Africa is particularly happy or peaceful. Would you describe life as happy and peaceful in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Egypt, Pakistan, Somalia, Nigeria, Sudan, CAR etc, etc, etc? Islamic culture is plagued by extremism and it blights lives.

That's not answered the question. There's still over a billion Muslims living peacefully.

---------- Post added 26-12-2014 at 11:38 ----------

It has left me with no wish whatsoever to harm or kill anyone. If everyone did that, no problem.

Same goes for Islam. Over a billion live in peace with no intentions to kill anyone.

Huh, I linked to a news articles.

Show me examples of atheist hate speech.