Children's homes or orphanages in Sheffield

Hi Flyer, I was in FCH #6 for around 12 years. I remember all the 3 brothers. There was Ronnie, Derek and then Earnest. Earnest married my half sister Sandra. I saw him in town centre about 3 weeks ago, he's doing well. There were 3 of us Kershaws, Barry was in #2, Gordon in #3 and i was in #6. Hope that helps, Brian.

You may have known some of my family then Brian. The Gowers?

Gordon and Michael were the boys although i think Gordon was in Cottage 1.

Girls were Rita, Sandra, Irene, Doreen, and Iris.

Hi Flyer, I was in FCH #6 for around 12 years. I remember all the 3 brothers. There was Ronnie, Derek and then Earnest. Earnest married my half sister Sandra. I saw him in town centre about 3 weeks ago, he's doing well. There were 3 of us Kershaws, Barry was in #2, Gordon in #3 and i was in #6. Hope that helps, Brian.

Hi brian I'm looking for a date (not with you :hihi:)but what yr was Barry in #2 I was in fm 39-40 till V.J night 46 if Barry was in over those dates i would have known him i was 5 going in and nearly 10 and half coming out,my brothers Peter & lester was in #3 under that evil bitch Millner,i keep promising myself to come on over so i can find her grave to pee on :mad::mad::mad:

hi sputnikboy.

f.c.h. wasnt that bad,if you got a clip its because you deserved it.

regards the two options, like i said some of the mothers were good, mine was great and

loving miss linley in no 6. i was in for about 12yrs. thats all i new and it was my home.

i new nothing any different, could have been worst- could have been in street. bye.

brian.

hi do marybottom.

i remember you tommy yes we had some graet times in no6. do you remember these

names, michael gregson, tony hall, ernest horsefield,tony and tery white two brothers.

i have got a photo of you tommy ,in your swim suit at marske by the sea, at saltburn

near redcar. you was always laughing, and was a little chubby lad.hope this as helped

you. brian1941.

hi sputnikboy.

f.c.h. wasnt that bad,if you got a clip its because you deserved it.

regards the two options, like i said some of the mothers were good, mine was great and

loving miss linley in no 6. i was in for about 12yrs. thats all i new and it was my home.

i new nothing any different, could have been worst- could have been in street. bye.

brian.

that answers my long asked question,I knew there was a great mom around the #6 my friend fm village school told me so, he being quite happy there(i think his name may have been Turner?) I remember being quite shocked to hear of such a thing as all the evil witch's fm 1,2 &3 was nasty peace's of work,& I'm being kind.

that answers my long asked question,I knew there was a great mom around the #6 my friend fm village school told me so, he being quite happy there(i think his name may have been Turner?) I remember being quite shocked to hear of such a thing as all the evil witch's fm 1,2 &3 was nasty peace's of work,& I'm being kind.

:hihi:

thanks flyer, i new there was a good person to back me up.

brian 1941.

:hihi:

thanks flyer, i new there was a good person to back me up.

brian 1941.

Brian did you go to Fullwood village school ? how old was you in say 43 ?any chance we went to school together and does the name Unwin mean anything to you i think he started in 6

You may have known some of my family then Brian. The Gowers?

Gordon and Michael were the boys although i think Gordon was in Cottage 1.

Girls were Rita, Sandra, Irene, Doreen, and Iris.

hi do cath,s i remember your gordon, he was short- stocky-light,ish hair-and i think

he had some freckles. we use to have a sports day,and he was a very good runner.

yes he was in no1 house and i remember another lad called kenneth taylor in same house, and he had blond hair.---i new your sisters, but your sandra was fun we use to hang around with other lassers and lads. let me know more about gordon whatever.

Brian did you go to Fullwood village school ? how old was you in say 43 ?any chance we went to school together and does the name Unwin mean anything to you i think he started in 6

hi yer flyer. what is this village school your on about. i went in f.c.h about 1942,till about 1954,5. i first went into the girls side no13 with my half sister brenda walker then

they moved me into no6 with miss lindsay.tommy bothom said he moved into no6, but

i cant remember him being in with me. although i knew him very well.

p.s. i wished i was in canada, i have just had a 6 weeks holiday in australia last year oct-

nov,2007 on a camping holiday. lucky 4 some. owt else i can help u with. brian 1941.