Children's homes or orphanages in Sheffield

Hi Piquant

I have just joined this forum and this is my first post.

I was an 'inmate' at The Sacred Heart Convent on Minto Road from 1968-1975. I was taken there along with 4 of my younger brothers and recall all quite vividly (as you can imagine0

Anything you want to know, post me

Wibb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Sputnic I am here still sitting in my little chair thinking about that horrible place.I do remember alot of those names and many more not mentioned who were there at the same time.Frank Skinner,Brian Ali, Terry Battle,Janet Bradbury and her sister.as sputnic said i was in stalag 17 opposite the swings.I dont think that any one of those so called foster mothers were nice.the one in question in number one reminded me of a STOAT with a bowel problem.I havent been on the forum for a while,its like i need to keep coming back to f.c.h.thread,maybe its slowly coming out of my system after all these years.

hello glen this is brian ali here just registered on the forum read your quote mentioning me and frank skinner.haven't seen him since i left, wonder where he is now.but have heard from rex though about 6 months ago ,he helped me get onto another forum site,he now lives in the orkney's, get in touch soon as would love to speak to you . b.ali (ps.anyone else who remember f.c.h in the years 1944-1952 please contact me aswell.)

Hello Brian.Hello Hello after all these years.I had a phone call from Rex not long ago telling me that he had spoken to you.I dont know what to say it has been so long.Rodney rang me this pm to tell me i have a message,i got so excited.What are you doing with yourself ?I will send you a private message telling you numbers and e mail addresses,is that ok ? this is just a message to let you know.It seems like there is a lot of people on the forum that were there when we were.I will reply again very soon.:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:I was there from in f.c.home 1943 to 1951 I no David Unwin I was in cottage 4@8my

whith Miss Stoke @ miss Hunpthrys. Frank Skiner was my pal

sister was in 16 whith miss Rose

I the under singed Brian Ali:D

My Dad was in FCH from 1940 til about 1952. He won't talk about it as he has blocked it out of his memory. He was in No6 with Miss Lindsey. He was one of the Lindley brothers, his brother Les was always running away and I believe he was in No 2 cottage and his other brother Mark was in No 3 cottage. I would appreciate any info anyone has or if anyone remembers the brothers. Thanks

------------------------------------------

hi penster,--------just looking in threads i notice lindley brothers,

i new a roy lindley in no6, jet black hair, sort of tanned kin, would that

be your dad, he was in f.c.homes same years as me.

HI Brian

Yes I remember boats in Endcliffe Park,and going down to Pomona Street and helping ourselves to Coco Cola bottles of the lorrys parked out there .

Can you remember the aeroplane flying around all day with the Coco Cola streamer behind it.Can you find out what happened to Jeremy Woolman and Tony Horsefield?

Yes Mary recognised me. My grandson is the image of me on that photo.

-----------------------

tommy, can you remember when we went on holiday-

redcar-marske by-the sea, --and we had to wear them khaki shorts,--

shirt, sandals and a snake belt, can you remember what colour you had.

i had red and black,--yellow and black snake belt.

the black use to be on outside,---and the colours down middle.

hello glen this is brian ali here just registered on the forum read your quote mentioning me and frank skinner.haven't seen him since i left, wonder where he is now.but have heard from rex though about 6 months ago ,he helped me get onto another forum site,he now lives in the orkney's, get in touch soon as would love to speak to you . b.ali (ps.anyone else who remember f.c.h in the years 1944-1952 please contact me aswell.)

=================================

i do ali,d,-----i noticed you`ve just come onto the threads.

i new frank skinner/ and david unwin.----i was in f,c,homes same years

you was in, i was in no6 miss linsay.---if you look in threads there is loads

of stuff mentioned, --log on page 5 look down to 95 i have put house

mothers names some i cant remember.--also log on page 6/down to 117

all staff names --i am sure you will remember, do i know you ali.

does kershaws name ring a bell.