Children's homes or orphanages in Sheffield

michel hosefield, kenneth ??????, jimmy fothergill, micheal and terry o'brien and cyril edwards cottage 6

Nobby clark, derek hill cottage 2, ray sisman cottage 8...

charles (Chas) battle and frank skinner were older

cyril had a sister winnie.

three Bradbury girls, Margaret, Janet and Shiela

Stick have the scar from nobby when we used to go up and collect the sticks

3 inch scar from a galvanised bucket because i beat him to the front of the queue

1953 coronation penknife scar, guider cut,middle right finger, top bent

Happy days ahhh!!!!!!!!

michel hosefield, kenneth ??????, jimmy fothergill, micheal and terry o'brien and cyril edwards cottage 6

Nobby clark, derek hill cottage 2, ray sisman cottage 8...

charles (Chas) battle and frank skinner were older

cyril had a sister winnie.

three Bradbury girls, Margaret, Janet and Shiela

Stick have the scar from nobby when we used to go up and collect the sticks

3 inch scar from a galvanised bucket because i beat him to the front of the queue

1953 coronation penknife scar, guider cut,middle right finger, top bent

Happy days ahhh!!!!!!!!

------------hi derek,

can you remember < stanly bluff--michael bolton--kershaws brothers-- david unwin

tommy botham--michael gregson.

happy days ???

Edited by brian1941

Aries. I used to live in a reception centre in Dore in the late 70's and we had a lad there called McV (bright ginger hair!) who was moved to Todwick and would have been about 12 at the time. I myself went to Stradbrooke and stayed there until 1981

Yes, that's the one. We were all moved out to accomodate a really weird family that only went out at night and the picture in the Star at the time showed them all roped together. Couldn't remember the name of it and lost touch with anyone i knew from there. The only names i remember are Stuart and a girl called Lilleaf Grayson. Can you remember any names of the staff? I think there was one called Maggie. I seem to remember there was also a girls borstall type institution in the same grounds.

• 2 weeks later...
------------hi derek,

can you remember < stanly bluff--michael bolton--kershaws brothers-- david unwin

tommy botham--michael gregson.

happy days ???

Only Brian Kershaw, Stanley Bluff, David Unwin, Tommy Botham AAAnd Kenneth Lindley, remember him, very well spoken.

Pam (SIs) says we were evacuated south then brought back to Fulwood at the end of the war but I think I was boarded out when I was 14

Before that went to Lydgate Lane school and onto Western Road school

Leaving at dinnertime to run to sheffield shops and back before afternoon classes

then sometimes not returning until bus times in the afternoon having been fishing down ******* alley

In trouble again!!! Joy unbounded!!!!!

Wilf Unwin was my best school buddy ,told me his Bro' David died couple yrs back , two of the Lindley brothers started in #2 with me under the kind care of the Bull & I said the same thing the Lindleys had very good manners ,that was around 1942

My Dad was in FCH from 1940 til about 1952. He won't talk about it as he has blocked it out of his memory. He was in No6 with Miss Lindsey. He was one of the Lindley brothers, his brother Les was always running away and I believe he was in No 2 cottage and his other brother Mark was in No 3 cottage. I would appreciate any info anyone has or if anyone remembers the brothers. Thanks

hi was that Keneth Lindley in cott 6 he was older than me

This man was my father, could anyone who remembers him tell me a bit about him? He died in jan 2004 and as i was adopted i don't know much about his childhood.

thanks

we lodged together after we left our seperate boarding houses in 58/59 then I joined the army for 7years ---hated it -worse than FCH