Children's homes or orphanages in Sheffield

Hi flyer,

did you ever get to see the little round house building on redmires road,

you must have gone out on picnic walk with your house mother and

the boys when you were in the f,c,homes.

House mother :hihi::hihi::hihi: I'm pretty sure she never waddle past the front door only on her days off,but i do remember being turned loose now and then, we use to go and talk to the Italian P.O.Ws and the only picnic was if we could scrounge food from them ,taking food from aP.O.W well i suppose it beats my after Fullwood we spent 6?months in Sheffield where we would steal flowers from the graves and sell them out front i know i sold the same bunch 3 times ,well they was very nice chris's my brother being the delivery boy:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm sorry that it's taken so long to reply but I'm having problems uploading the photos and I've ran out of ideas on what to do. Must admit I'm not very computer friendly, but I'll keep trying.

It would seem that most servers have(a free)site for this purpose on checking i see that mine does,I'm going to try it to see how it works, for other options you can contribute to one of the many photo sites for transfer pic's i;ll let u know if I have any success

Hi Brian, putting the photos on here sounds complicated. Would you like me to email them to you? If so, I'm told you could pm your email address to me.

Regards - Gill

If u go to interests on S.F scroll down to the photography section there it will tell u how to post pics on S.F they even let u practice on their site :confused::confused:

Yes the Bull, but I'd just left the homes It was v j night 1946 and my brother and I went wild for 6 months we stole anything that wasn't nail down,I never stole another thing from then on ,now my brother thats a long story for a while he was Sharman (witch doctor ) to the Indian's of northern B.C spent a yr living in an snow house lived as a hermit in the woods with no human for 200 miles ,i got a feeling thats where all the "Big Foot"sighting came from

For anyone who would like to see my mum's photos you will find them on the following link:

imghttp://s1011.photobucket.com/albums/af239/Gillx_2010/?action=postupload

And thankyou for your patience....uploading them was much easier than I imagined, that's if it worked Still happy to be a technophobe though!

Oooops....not worked. Give me a bit longer!

Edited by Gillx
link not worked