Children's homes or orphanages in Sheffield

----------------

Your over working it - take a break. :hihi::hihi:

Got loads of boys and girls name to send you shortly, been trying for ages to

send but keep getting distracted, maybe you'll spot a name or two. :roll::roll:

the only girl i knew was my sister Carol and the Bull didn't care to much for that either She was a very twisted women :loopy::loopy:we just not allowed to talk to girls

the only girl i knew was my sister Carol and the Bull didn't care to much for that either She was a very twisted women :loopy::loopy:we just not allowed to talk to girls

------------

Hi Flyer, Some of the girl use to come on the playing field to play on the slides, heh i've pushed a few off them on the swings to.

Can you remember no 20&21 house stood on there own bottom end

near the boiler house, no 21 house had an extension built on the end and

became a medical centre, us lads would gang up behind there after playing

football.

When the girls stated hanging about we use to tell- em to get off home

but they just wanted us to chase them round the field, some of them let

you kiss um if you caught them.

I well remember the Friday night movies (and the Saturday night dances) in the hall. Occasionally they'd show a color movie but mostly, as you said previously, they were b&w. Every now and again they would show a western which would really excite us kids. All day the following day we'd be playing cowboys and really enjoying life. Sometimes the projector would break down and we'd have to return home feeling both disappointed and cheated. I remember seeing - and being very moved by - the Cary Grant, Douglas Fairbanks Jr., Sam Jaffe movie Gunga Din. We kids were blowing bugles from the summits of golden towers and saving the troops from anihilation all the next day. Actually, we were pretty well always saving the world from 'baddies' now so long ago.

BTW ...did you get my email?

-----------------

Sputnikboy, Do you recall a Ray Hudson he was in no7 miss fields,

he thinks he knew your name. :huh:

-----------------

Idon't know what name i went under back then dont think it was Adrian family called me Basil untill this day i changed to my first name around 15, basil was a little sissy:gag::gag:

Idon't know what name i went under back then dont think it was Adrian family called me Basil untill this day i changed to my first name around 15, basil was a little sissy:gag::gag:

-------------

Yes flyer i thought same but didn't want to say.

what was your problem other day with your s f com. haha. :hihi::hihi:

-------------

Yes flyer i thought same but didn't want to say.

what was your problem other day with your s f com. haha. :hihi::hihi:

not mine found the problem was in U.K should have known:hihi::hihi:

-----------------

No, I don't recall anyone by that name. It seems as though we at #9 didn't associate or become familiar with too many others outside our own 'family' group. We were, generally, the younger kids of FCH and were therefore not too interested in any of the older boys. Nor they with us for that matter even though there would have only been one or two years difference in our ages. Even when we socialized at dances we were still viewed as being 'the little kids from Cottage #9'. I hated that tag since, even in that environment, or perhaps especially in that environment, I wanted to be 'cool'.

Off the top of my head ...the only names that I do remember of those outside #9 were John Kerry (a popular boy as I recall) and Derek Hill, the brother of Ernest who was my house-mate. I think they were both in #2. Then there were Malcolm and George (Georgie) Rhymer, the former boy (I think) being an epileptic. There was also another Malcolm who I befriended from another cottage whose last name escapes me. Frank Skinner is a name that is stuck in my memory banks but I never had anything to do with him. So too Gordon Gower. Brian Ali was a house-mate (I think) of my brother Rex and I do believe they were also good friends. And, that's about it.

sputnik, would i know the hills left #2 in 46

While I couldn't be sure I would think that the Hills (Derek and Ernest the younger brother) would have appeared on the scene after your tenure at FCH. There also appears to have been a Ronnie Hill (from what I've read on the forum) but I'm not familiar with such a person. I'm assuming that he's the brother of Derek and Ernest . . .?