Children's homes or orphanages in Sheffield

my little Chapel went there for the full 5 plus yrs but apart from drinking all the Pastors water cant realy say it did me much good i think it was the last church ever in

---------------

ER? And where have you been all this time Flyer :rant: aswell as getting your

head down somewhere, are you going to tell me how you got on with

that website i gave you.

Did you find it of any intrest, iv'e given Sputnikboy some to check out

so see what you think. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Hi Sputnik boy / brian1941, Please accept my appologies if I get this wrong but this is the first time I have ever posted on a chat forum.

I notice from your posts that you were in the Fulwood cottage homes at the same time as some of my relatives, which you have mentioned, Namely Connie, Ronald, Kenneth, Leslie, and Terry Bolton. Connie is my mother and the others obviously my uncle's. I am trying to get some information about FCH and would love to speak to you

Edited by maureennegri

Things did improve late 60s when Eva raynes and her Husband Bill took over, it was a lot less harsh, the bat went, no more beatings were administered, instead we had a shoe cleaning excercise 12 kids 3 shoes each = 36 shoes to clean outside on the doorstep, wasnt too bad unless it was night time in winter lol.

I worked there when Eva and Bill had it, around 1975 ish. It was a really nice place and the kids were lovely.

I worked there when Eva and Bill had it, around 1975 ish. It was a really nice place and the kids were lovely.

We were blessed for having Bill and Eva, RIP. If you met Uncle Bill in the hallway he would stand on your foot and push you saying 'get your foot from under mine', so funny.

Edited by hathechewed

Hi Sputnik boy / brian1941, Please accept my appologies if I get this wrong but this is the first time I have ever posted on a chat forum.

I notice from your posts that you were in the Fulwood cottage homes at the same time as some of my relatives, which you have mentioned, Namely Connie, Ronald, Kenneth, Leslie, and Terry Bolton. Connie is my mother and the others obviously my uncle's. I am trying to get some information about FCH and would love to speak to you

Hi There. Kenneth Bolton was in Cottage #9 while I was there. Wow! I've been looking on this forum for some of the kids who shared the same cottage for years ...but to no avail. Until now that is. Could/would you pass on some info about Kenneth? The foster mother of #9 was Miss (Rosemary) Bower.

We were blessed for having Bill and Eva, RIP. If you met Uncle Bill in the hallway he would stand on your foot and push you saying 'get your foot from under mine', so funny.

When were you there, hathechewed?

When were you there, hathechewed?

I had a few years in the mid 60s when it was run by auntie Trixie who had the greetings from Blackpool bat, and then a few years late 60s early 70s with Eva and bill I think I left about 1972.

A friend of my mother was housed and educated at Fulwood Cottage Homes along with his sister who was a house mother, he will be around 80 now, his name is Reg Layberry.

was your sister called florence

A friend of my mother was housed and educated at Fulwood Cottage Homes along with his sister who was a house mother, he will be around 80 now, his name is Reg Layberry.

i was in fulwood in 1946 my foster mother was scrimshaw florence layberry was assistant she was great

--------------

Hi Ya Maureen,---- Look back on page37 -Thread 733 you'll see i have

mentioned your Terry he was in no2 house, your Ronald was in no6

with me, your kenneth was in no9.

Your Connie is listed but not sure her house number but i dont recall a

Leslie. -------------

Can i ask if they are around today, would Appreciate to know as its

great just to see their names mentioned on here.