Children's homes or orphanages in Sheffield

my dad was scared he died at 61 he never spoke of his time there nor did his brothers they never spoke of there time in there or about their childhood i have been trying to do the family tree but i dont even know where to look for my dads side at all but thanks for replying x

my dad was scared he died at 61 he never spoke of his time there nor did his brothers they never spoke of there time in there or about their childhood i have been trying to do the family tree but i dont even know where to look for my dads side at all but thanks for replying x

not to many came out unmarked pre 46for me just a case of blanking out of mind worked well for 70years but on sf ny first answer came from my old homes buddy came as bit of a shock:love:

there must have been an orphanage on orphanage road off Barnsley road at burngreave. I think there was a small childrens home just off blackstock rd near the water tower but may be totally wrong about that it was a big house might have been some sort of foster unit x

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/104790896216727717625/albums/6137244119910249457

Hello Puddinghead, Thought you might recongnise this planned map,

you can see your old number 2 house where Miss Bull was your favorite

house mother. :hihi::hihi:

remember most of it well but 9 10 and 11 1 think 39 thintake was #9 but that was 76 years ago OUCH:hihi::hihi::hihi:

My father was in fulwood homes from around 1929 until 1943,has many memories of his time there his names Gordon Rowe ,hes now 86.Believe his 2 older brothers might also have been there,but he lost contact with them nearly 60 years,ago.

• 2 months later...
not to many came out unmarked pre 46for me just a case of blanking out of mind worked well for 70years but on sf ny first answer came from my old homes buddy came as bit of a shock:love:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/104790896216727717625/albums/6166554683285107489

Hiya Puddinghead, Enlcose picture of Miss Linley with all boys from

No6 house, i am sat down 2nd one from left on front row, Brian.

Hope you can see ok.

Today weather has been 29F in Sheffield loverly jubbly. :thumbsup:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/104790896216727717625/albums/6166554683285107489

Hiya Puddinghead, Enlcose picture of Miss Linley with all boys from

No6 house, i am sat down 2nd one from left on front row, Brian.

Hope you can see ok.

Today weather has been 29F in Sheffield loverly jubbly. :thumbsup:

nice pic but cant say i remember anyone as for your heat wave just wait a couple days we sending over big rain you cona get wet

nice pic but cant say i remember anyone as for your heat wave just wait a couple days we sending over big rain you cona get wet

--------------------

Hi Puddinghead. No i wasn't asking if you new anyone these pics

were after you had left the homes, just letting you know who was

Miss Linley and me in the picture. you could have said i looked a nice lad.

We were all good lads haha. :hihi::hihi: