Children's homes or orphanages in Sheffield

hiya brian 1941 i have just looked at your pic could you tell me all the names on please i think one is my dad

--------------

There weren't a Thomas in No6 - Crazy, athough i new all of them in

house but i have forgot some of the names.

• 1 year later...
My mum went to Page hall when her father died early 1900. I have photos of her there and also her birthday diary which contains names of pupils and teachers, does anyone else have contacts in the family around 1900-1910?

Sent you a private message.

• 5 weeks later...

does anyone know my dad his name was Brian Watkinson, and he was in a Orphanage in the sheffield area in the 40's and 50's he was from Darnall/Attercliffe area, my dad sadly passed end of 2002, and want to know what Orphanage he was in and the name of his foster family. My dad never spoke of his past at all :( if anyone could reply or PM I really appreciate it if anyone knew my dad.

• 1 month later...

hi everyone,

i have read all the threads too do with fch hoping too see some mention of my family who where placed there in august 1938...they are the knight family...may, albert, margaret, joan, and shirley...my mum went in at 3 years old into house 15, she was seperated from her siblings...she never will talk about "that awful place" and we have never pushed her..does anyone recognize their names please...

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi,my name is Maureen and Connie Bolton was my mother.A few years ago I Was involved in this thread regarding my family and their time in Fulwood Cottages.Unfortunately Connie passed away last year but I feel there is so much more information about her experiences at this time.I remember communicating with Brian 1941, having recently made a journey to fulwood,I would be grateful if Brian or anyone who knew my mum can help

Hi,my name is Maureen and Connie Bolton was my mother.A few years ago I Was involved in this thread regarding my family and their time in Fulwood Cottages.Unfortunately Connie passed away last year but I feel there is so much more information about her experiences at this time.I remember communicating with Brian 1941, having recently made a journey to fulwood,I would be grateful if Brian or anyone who knew my mum can help

----------------

Hi Maureen, Yes i'm still about, what is it your trying to find.

I'm not sure now if Connie was in in No19 house but it's many many

years ago. Did i ever tell you i knew Connie's brother Ronald Bolton

he was in No2 house.

Just come to me there was a Michael he was in No6 house with me

and the other brother was Kenneth Bolton he was in No3.

Your's Brian.