Sony cancel release of film after threats

Sony got cold feet due to the potential of horrendously bad publicity should the worst happen.

Word is that it will eventually come out Feb/March time when the hoo-ha has died down.

Incidentally Sony was almost certainly hacked by NK working out of China. The US understandably is going to be keen to bury this, they don't want to ruffle China. I do wonder what the Chinese are thinking sometime with regards their love-in with NK.

Have you seen it?

it was scheduled to be released on Christmas day so no, haven't seen it

---------- Post added 19-12-2014 at 17:10 ----------

Sony got cold feet due to the potential of horrendously bad publicity should the worst happen.

Word is that it will eventually come out Feb/March time when the hoo-ha has died down.

Incidentally Sony was almost certainly hacked by NK working out of China. The US understandably is going to be keen to bury this, they don't want to ruffle China. I do wonder what the Chinese are thinking sometime with regards their love-in with NK.

China's worst nightmare is the collapse of the North Korean regime and millions of refugees flooding across the border. It's in China's interest to make sure the regime stays in power, the longer the better

While you were posting that Obama and the FBI were pointing the finger at North Korea and China.

North Korea is a nice buffer state for China who would rather NK be a client state for themselves rather than a client state for the USA.

While you were posting that Obama and the FBI were pointing the finger at North Korea and China.

North Korea is a nice buffer state for China who would rather NK be a client state for themselves rather than a client state for the USA.

China. Don't you just love them. When they aren't invading Tibet, they are causing the extinction of elephants, rhinos, pangolin and sharks, skinning dogs, torturing tigers and bears, oppressing their populace and generally being the scum of the earth....but eh, western powers like to suck up to them because of money. Personally I wish bird flu would have been a whole lot more effective.

I can't really believe that the USA have made a film about an assassination of a leader of a very hostile country. Absolutely stupid and I have to say a very naive move.

John McCain says it's remarkable that North Korea have the capability to disrupt their national defence security.

Talk about fuelling the fire. Totally naive and arrogant. And I love the US. :loopy:

Sony have cancelled the release of the film The Interview about the fictional plot to kill North Korea's leader.

Sony did this after major cinema chains refused to show it.

Way to cave in to hackers.

Agreed! :(

---------- Post added 19-12-2014 at 22:59 ----------

Or way to make a movie an instant cult-classic - I would never have considered watching it, but I am pretty keen on it now!

Haha! Agreed also! :D

---------- Post added 19-12-2014 at 23:03 ----------

I quite agree. One thing plotting to bump off a ficticious character, but a real, living one... Its beyond me.

But the man is an idiot tyrant

Everyone *should* be laughing and pointing at him