Sony cancel release of film after threats

It's good that the president says don't bow down to terrorism,but I remember after nine eleven when they shut the statue of liberty and the thunderbirds exhibition at Nellis and abandoned Mildenhall airshow all after they said,now don't let it affect you or they've won.

Edited by spilldig

But the man is an idiot tyrant

Everyone *should* be laughing and pointing at him

If the man is an idiot tyrant who wields a degree of power. I would think the last thing everyone should be doing is trying to humiliate and provoke him to action.

If the man is an idiot tyrant who wields a degree of power. I would think the last thing everyone should be doing is trying to humiliate and provoke him to action.

He exerts his power over the people he rules, he is despot, a tyrant and a git (I would have said something else but the swear filter would have intervened).

There's no reason for the rest of the world to take him seriously or pander to his blustering. His missiles can't reach proper targets and his pomposity and gibbering should be considered as just a joke.

What seriously needs action about is effing China and their continued platitudes to NK whilst at the same time being a nuclear power. China is the biggest threat to the whole planet. When they aren't causing the extinction of rhinos, elephants, sharks, seahorses and pangolin they are destabilising the worlds economies, oppressing Tibet, befriending NK and generally just being scum. But hey, they have money so successive UK Prime Ministers will bend down before them.

If you want to provoke him, as part of a larger, well thought out strategy for handling a tyrant, that's perfectly fine. It's just provoking for the hell of it, when you're not fully cognisant of likely consequences, that's a bit reckless.

It seems to me, the strategy the west has, is just to contain him, and wait and see how things pan out in NK. I'm sure, as and when he develops capability to strike beyond his borders (cyber attacks or otherwise), we will (hopefully) have measures to counter such capabilities.

---------- Post added 22-12-2014 at 00:17 ----------

What do I know though. It's not like I work for the secret service or anything.