Clun street & Road Pitsmoor

jesus mate that brings back memories. grandma used to be cleaner at clun road club grandad used to be doorman. used to help me nan clean saturday and sunday morning for 20p 10p a shift. they lived at no 52 next door to mrs rippon. lanky frank used to live on bressingham same yard as my mates the steedons. there was a set of garages across from clun road over looking lanky franks house.

i know who you are mate , i always ask how you are , we used to knock about town , remember briddock , glynn waterfall , nicky froggatt , maycock , brennan [living in stoke now] my wife lived on clunn road . one person i always wonder about is raymond wild has he still got that long leather coat on?:hihi::hihi: can you remember them from pond street chippy on the veranda?.

i know who you are mate , i always ask how you are , we used to knock about town , remember briddock , glynn waterfall , nicky froggatt , maycock , brennan [living in stoke now] my wife lived on clunn road . one person i always wonder about is raymond wild has he still got that long leather coat on?:hihi::hihi: can you remember them from pond street chippy on the veranda?.

Would the Maycock you are talking about be called Brian.About 70ish now?

think you've got me mixed up pal. only name i know from them is ray wild or chesney hawkes as he's known down pitsmoor.

Remember the roads Starting from the Vestry Hall going up Grimsthorpe Rd on the left Bressingham Rd,Clun Rd, Ditchingham Rd.

Buckingham St,and i believe the next one was Fox St but can't be sure if thats correct at the very top on the right was colditz Burngreave School.

Some of the Families i remember from around the area

James's

Colk's

Clover's

Bagshaw's

Swift's

Morton's

And of course my family The Hall's

All lived on Ditchinghan Rd

The pubs i remember The Buck, Ellsmere,Tea gardens,i can't remember the name of the one at the bottom of Ditchingham and also the one half way up Fox St and of course the WMC on Clun Rd.also the Robin Hood, You where spoilt for choice for pubs back then 1950's !960's And 70's.

Remember the roads Starting from the Vestry Hall going up Grimsthorpe Rd on the left Bressingham Rd,Clun Rd, Ditchingham Rd.

Buckingham St,and i believe the next one was Fox St but can't be sure if thats correct at the very top on the right was colditz Burngreave School.

Some of the Families i remember from around the area

James's

Colk's

Clover's

Bagshaw's

Swift's

Morton's

And of course my family The Hall's

All lived on Ditchinghan Rd

The pubs i remember The Buck, Ellsmere,Tea gardens,i can't remember the name of the one at the bottom of Ditchingham and also the one half way up Fox St and of course the WMC on Clun Rd.also the Robin Hood, You where spoilt for choice for pubs back then 1950's !960's And 70's.

fox street was over pyebank way. the road with burngreave school at top was earldom.